Home Asset Management

Where do I find the table that holds the Asset Management data displayed in the History Tab

Alastair_SmartAlastair_Smart Customer IT Monkey ✭
I need to produce a report of when assets were move i or out of a particular asset status.

Best Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Adam_Stoppa

Your PowerShell is not the most efficient method but will certainly work and get you the asset history so nice work.

The first History item will show you who created it. However, you must consider that SCSM doesn't keep all history for all time. The default is to keep 1 year of history and this is configurable in the data retention settings. Once history has been groomed, there is no way to tell who created the asset.

Geoff

Answers

• Alastair_SmartAlastair_Smart Customer IT Monkey ✭
    thanks very much for this, I will have to go down the Poershell route
  • Alastair_SmartAlastair_Smart Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thank you for this information. We have in fact got our report using PowerShell.  Regards
  • Adam_StoppaAdam_Stoppa Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi, i have a similary problem does someone has an idea ?

i need the history from a hardware asset, special i am looking for who has added a certain asset, is there a way to find out ?

so far i have tried the following in powershell:

$HWClass = Get-SCSMClass -name Cireson.AssetManagement.HardwareAsset

$HWList=Get-SCSMObject -computername $scsmserver -Class $HWClass

foreach($hw in $hwlist){

if($hw.HardwareAssetID -eq "2020080093")

{

Write-Output $hw.HardwareAssetID

Write-Output $result = Get-SCSMObjectHistory

}

}

But Get-SCSMObjectHistory does not show who has added the asset.

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Adam_Stoppa

Your PowerShell is not the most efficient method but will certainly work and get you the asset history so nice work.

The first History item will show you who created it. However, you must consider that SCSM doesn't keep all history for all time. The default is to keep 1 year of history and this is configurable in the data retention settings. Once history has been groomed, there is no way to tell who created the asset.

Geoff

• Adam_StoppaAdam_Stoppa Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thank you for this information.