Home General Discussion

Distributionlist managers

Philip_HåkansPhilip_Håkans Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hello!

I am looking to create a new form for our serviceportal that will help users add/remove managers for distribution lists. I can currently list all the distribution lists we have but I am not getting all the necessary data from them. They are added in our SM as "Permissions\Distributionslists" but they lack the information I need (which is the Managers field).

I am wondering how I would go about to getting all this data from our AD about the distribution lists. Would I need to create a custom class?

Any ideas on how get this information easily into the serviceportal?

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion to be able to affect the manager of a distribution list in AD from the portal, you will need a few things:   
    #1 Yes, a SCSM class to hold the distribution list that also has a manager field (could be a relationship or just a string, but relationship seems more flexible)
    #2 a workflow(or some form of automation) that writes the changes from the class back to the actual object in AD
    #3 You'll need to be at least on v9+ of the portal to be able to view/edit your custom class CI in the portal

I hope this helps!
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Philip_Håkans

Yes, custom class would be the way to go. Check out this video which contains a demo of something something very similar but with s 'Shared Mailbox' class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTdsQ9e9K4c

Geoff
  • Philip_HåkansPhilip_Håkans Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thank you for your suggestions! I'll check out the video :)