Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Web Analitics for the Service Catalog

Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
So anyone who has ever been a website admin knows that there are a wealth of web analytics that can be captured, well it seems that my managers know this to and they are starting to look for this type of data. My managers are requesting data like the number of people who visit a page, how many are new visitors, which links they follow and such. I am wondering if Cireson is planning on developing anything for this type of tracking or if others are already doing it and if so how. Thanks.
25 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Candice,  would adding Google Analytics be an acceptable solution here, or would you need deeper analytics and cookies to accomplish what you are looking to report on?  
  • Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Google would likely not work as we deal with health information and we really need to keep the data onsite.
  • Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Google would likely not work as we deal with health information and we really need to keep the data onsite.
    Agreed Candice, we utilize SCSM/Cireson Portal for both IT and HR so with the amount of confidential information that is within the system we have to be extremely cautious with who/what has access to the data. A builtin analytics engine or even third party on-premise solution would be quite helpful for providing metrics to leadership.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    OK, good to know... I figured Google would have been good enough, but I was mistaken!
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Something that might help in the short term that isn't too well known is that when a work item is created via an RO that work item is related to the RO. Therefore if you report on those relationships you can see which ROs are being used and which are not. Using some power BI you can see at what times of day they are used most often or merge the query with user data to see which locations are using which ROs the most etc.
    That is one idea, unfortunately what management really wants is to get an idea of engagement so not necessarily actual requests being put in but how many people are even going to the site, what links are they following, are the users new or returning, and all of that lovely stuff.
  • Metro_ITSMetro_ITS Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Our management is also asking for analytics similar to what Candice is requesting. They've gotten used to seeing what Google Analytics has to offer on our main website, like Page Visits, Entrances, Ave Time Per Page, Exits, etc.. I think having it onsite would be preferred, but our information is technically public record, so they might be open to using Google Analytics if it were available. (which it sounds like it is not)
  • Jerry_VeldhuisJerry_Veldhuis Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We tried enabling the iis logging and used AWStats (http://www.awstats.org/) for some basic analytics. Trick is to preprocess the logs to convert the urls to something human understandable.

• Rick_HancksRick_Hancks Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    We would also like to capture and report on the portal search metrics.  Like to see things like total searches, search terms, no answer found, etc.
    well I think we will need a whole lotta more up votes before anything happens :#
  • Rick_HancksRick_Hancks Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Everyone's management is looking for this data.  We're missing out on some valuable metrics here.
    I fully agree management here is not happy that we cannot give any easy web analytics. As a stop-gap we have inserted a bit of ASP code that counts the number of visitors on each page, but that really does not tell us much.