Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)

Install Error "Sequence contains no elements"

James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I tried to upgrade to the latest version of Remote Support, 5.5.5, and I got an error. After uninstalling and trying a clean install it fails on Platform Bootstrap with this error Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements.

Thank you,

James

Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @James_Johnson

I would probably raise a support ticket about this. However at a quick look I would re run the installer and maybe try being logged in on the server as the account you are using to run the platform service .

Can you also take a look at the platform log and see if there are any errors in there?

Thanks,

Shane.

• James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi @Shane_White,

The PlatformLog had an error message saying it couldn't bind to port 80, somehow IIS had re-created it's default site. The installer worked after removing it.

However, I was having a problem with the navigation bar that I was hoping updating would fix. For some reason the side bar just spends awhile loading then fails. Any idea why that might be?

I get these errors in chrome:

And these errors in Edge:

Thanks for you help!

James

Hi James,

To set up the website bindings you need to go into the config file as it does not sit in IIS:

C:\Program Files\Cireson\Remote Support\Platform_CiresonRemoteSupport.config (may be named different if you changed your DB name)

Inside here you can set the website by this parameter:

"Urls":["http://:85/","https://:86/"]

That is mine as an example if this helps.

Note: If you are using SSL/HTTPs you will need to add in your SSL Thumbprint which is in this parameter in the config: "SslCertificateThumbprint":"<enter yours here>"

If you do not know it you can run this in PowerShell:

Get-ChildItem -Path Cert:\LocalMachine\My

For the error you are getting can you run the following SQL statemtn against your Remote Support DB and then restart the platform service:

DELETE FROM cp._CpexMigrationHistory where [MigrationHandler] = 'Cireson.ControlCenter.Core.Migration.MenuItemMigration'

Let me know how you get on,

Thanks,

Shane.

Hi Shane,

I did know about the bindings, just somehow between uninstalling Remote Support and reinstalling it a new default site was created causing the issue. I should probably just remove IIS since it isn't needed.

That SQL statement did the trick for navigation menu.

I did have a few other questions too if you have some time to answer them.

Before the update some device collections were showing up under manage computers but not all of them. Now no collections are showing up at all. Is there something else that might need to be cleared out of the database?

Is there a way to specify a custom lists of groups available for Manage Users\Group Control\Add to Group?

Thanks again, you've been very helpful.

James

Hi @James_Johnson

I wouldn't remove IIS entirely as Remote Support will still use components of it, it may be better just to remove the default website from the IIS Manager. This should stop any conflicts.

You may need to just go through all your settings again and configure your service accounts for each component.

I do not believe so currently no on the specifying lists but I could be wrong

Thanks,

Shane.

Hi Shane,

The settings persisted and all of the computer/software info from SCCM is still there but when I select a computer no collection information show up and there is nothing in the list for available collections. Maybe it just needs more time to re-sync that data.

Thanks,

James

Hi @James_Johnson

Yes would give it time to sync and then if still nothing I would check the platform log for errro

C:\ProgramData\Cireson.Platform.Host\PlatformLog-xxxx.xx.xx.log

Thanks,

Shane.

Hi @Shane_White

The collections info still isn't populating and I am getting a few errors in the Platform Log.

The most common one is "Source: EntityFramework, Message: The underlying provider failed on Open., InnerException: System.InvalidOperationException: The current TransactionScope is already complete."

It also seems to have an issue with AD sync but we don't really need any AD info.

Thanks for your continued assistance,

James

Hi @James_Johnson

At this point I think the best thing to do is to log a ticket, at a hunch that error may be to do with your LDAP query but your collections not populating I am not 100% sure without seeing it.

And it could well be that because AD sync is failing this is affecting the collections

Thanks,

Shane.