Home Self-Service Portal - Community
Options

End user attachments

Hi,

does the end users have the abbilty to add new attachments once one incident or Service request is created?

they can add attachment during using RO. but when the users open the IR or SR they cant attach more files. i tried changing the control to a simple attach button via incidents.js but the button is grayed out.

(first file attachments line is the one from drag and drop).

my boss wants the endusers to be able to add more attachments if needed.

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Eruann

As an End User you can still add more attachments once a ticket is created, in the below example I am an End User looking at my logged ticket IR513.

If I click the attachments Icon at the top I get this drop down

Or if I scroll down the page I also have this.

If you do not have either of these, could I ask what portal version you are on?

Thanks,

Shane

• Options
    EruannEruann Member IT Monkey ✭

hi!,

thank you for your quick answer, we are new with this implementation and my boss want to have the free portal working before deciding to buy a license. we are currently using version 9.3.4 of the portal over SCSM 2012. the analysts can attach without a problem, but for the endusers is grayed out.

first i thought it was a rights problem, but i dont find anything bad with our end users configuration ,it's an end user role that has the "domain users" group inside.

also i dont get any related error with this either in webconfig.log or cachebuilder.log.

have a nice day!

• Options
    Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Eruann

Ahh okay this will be why then! You will need to license your portal for this feature to work for your end users as well 😊

Thanks,

Shane