Home Self-Service Portal - Community
Options

Management Pack and Enum list updates

hi, I was hoping to get some help.

We have new position titles created and i wanted to add them in the Create new user request offering. I initially thought it was a simple list of which displays all position titles but it turns out to be an Enumeration list. I have foudn the management pack and wanted to add the new title but get lost.

when i export/import the management pack to authoring tool, it doesnt seem to load any information and i cant extend the class.

I have added some screenshots below.

is there an easy way of adding a position title list?

and also, how do i go about creating a brand list?

Answers

• Options
    Donson_PhamDonson_Pham Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi @Mina_Saidi

If i'm following you correctly, you have a Management Pack created named "AAT_Position_Titles" which is a List data type. You would like to add a new position value to the list.

Why don't you go to -> Library -> List from the console and go to "AAT Position Titles" and add it from there?

For the second part of your question, i'm not sure i'm following with "Brand list". Do you mean a brand new list for your request offering?

• Options
    Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

When you open the MP containing the list in Authoring Tool, you get the "definition" for the list, and not what the list actually contains.

As @donson_pham says, you need to go to Library -> Lists -> AAT Position Titles -> Properties -> Add Item (if needed, it'll ask you to select or create a MP to store the values in), and then you can add all the items you want.

If you want to create a new list, you'll need to create a new MP in Authoring Tool, select a class (IR or SR) to which the class should be available, and add a new property, change the type to List and create a new list that way. Then you save, seal and import the MP, and then add values to it in the same way as above.

Cireson actually has a pretty nice write-up on this here: https://cireson.com/blog/best-practices-creating-enumorator-list-list-values-within-service-manager-incident-module/

• Options
    Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited October 2019

Hi,

the update of the positions make sense and updating the list worked. I was making it far more complicated then it needed to be and was looking at updating the MP.

yes I wanted to create a brand new list from scratch. From creating the MP to making it available on the portal as a query search. if that makes sense.

for example, need to create a new RO. one of the questions within the form is to ask who the external stakeholders are? the team requesting this form want the external stakeholders to be presented as a multiple select option.

We don't have a stake holders list/MP etc so I wanted to know how to create it and make it available within the portal.

• Options
    Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

the update of the positions make sense and updating the list worked. I was making it far more complicated then it needed to be and was looking at updating the MP.

yes I wanted to create a brand new list from scratch. From creating the MP to making it available on the portal as a query search. if that makes sense.

for example, need to create a new RO. one of the questions within the form is to ask who the external stakeholders are? the team requesting this form want the external stakeholders to be presented as a multiple select option.

We don't have a stake holders list/MP etc so I wanted to know how to create it and make it available within the portal.

• Options
    Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

The link I posted guides you pretty well through creating a custom enumeration list, but please do note, that an enum list cannot be used in a query result prompt, so it cannot be multi-selected. You'll need an actual class for that, e.g a CI such as Business Service, maybe one of Cireson's Asset Management CIs, or create your own.