Home Advanced Request Offering

Complex query prompt critieria question with custom relationship types & type projections

Chris_Chekaluk1Chris_Chekaluk1 Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We have created some custom user relationship types on the Asset Management Organization class (for example, Organizations have Type A and Type B users). We have also created custom type projections to use these relationships in RO Query prompts. For example, prompt #1 = pick the Organization, prompt #2 uses a token from prompt #1 to show the Type A users. This all works well & reliably.

However, I have a requirement for a new RO to change prompt #2 in the above sample. In this case, the change to the desired criteria is that I want the query prompt to display all users that are Type A, but not Type B (still uses the same token from prompt #1).

I have tried adding both relationship types to a custom type projection at the same level, as well as a nested type projection and so far have not been able to get the criteria to work the way as desired. What I'm looking to do is use the following criteria: 'show all typeA users from Organization XYZ' and where typeA.User <> typeB.User.

The main reason seems to be that I cannot use a token from the 'current' prompt (not a prior prompt) in order to compare type A and type B users. The only other approach I'm thinking might work would be to extend the type A relationship type with a property (say a boolean) to identify if the type A user is also a type B or not. However, it's not clear to me if/how the portal and RO would/could leverage properties on relationship types.

Anyone else try to do something like this?