Home Asset Management

Set up an SR that would list the items (computer) of a collection in SCCM

Jacky_GrossJacky_Gross Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hello,

Can you help me to set up an SR that would list the items (computer) of a collection in SCCM?

I have created a SR in SCSM with a field named "List of machines" and then 1 collection in SCCM.

I would like to use my SR to list the machines in my SCCM collection.

How do I do this?

Thank you

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jacky_Gross

This would take some custom Java Script to look up the machines in that collection and display them on the screen.

I have seen something similar done in the past so I know it is possible but it would be a custom solution.

Are you then wanting to add or remove computers from that collection?

or is it just to list the computer CI's that are in that collection so the user can see what CI's are members of that collection?

• Jacky_GrossJacky_Gross Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hello @Brett_Moffett,

Thank you very much.

I have indeed also seen this with a powershell script that displays the list of machines in a collection.

But how do you integrate this into SCSM?

I also want to be able to move machines from collection A (available machine) to another collection B (used machine)

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

There are several ways that this could be done but the way I would do it is using the Business Service Configuration Item within SCSM.

Business Services can be any service that the business uses to achieve a task. It can be as large as say "E-mail System" or as small as each E-mail distribution list. Each of these provide a service for the business.

It would be possible to create a Business Service for each collection and populate it with the clients that are members of the collection then expose those members in a list of the request offering. There is an added benefit with this approach as you can also add users to the "Service Owners" relationship with the Business Service and those users can be the reviewers of any request or change that affects it. If it is left blank then the system will auto approve and request.

This last part is custom Java Script code for the portal and would need to be well thought out first but would look very clean and professional.

My advice is to contact your Cireson representative and have a chat to them about some consulting work to achieve your goal.

Hope this helps