Home CMDB Portal

CMDB Sorting Views

Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Similar approach as to mentioned here: Sorting\Ordering OData Views — Cireson Community

Unfortunately adding the OrderBy to the view means that users who clicked on the DisplayName column essentially broke the view. They couldn't switch between different tabs/pages to see CIs. For those that are more knowledgeable just adjusted the view to show 100 items per page but some simply reported that the CMDB was broken.

It would be nice if the CMDB views sorted the contents by the first column by default, and still allowed the user to sort by any of the other columns without any conflicts.

In our organisation some staff expect the views to be sorted into some sort of order. In our case, it tends to be the DisplayName that is the first column in the grid views.

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sean_Terry

I know this is an older post but was keen to see if you had added this to the feature request page?

I think having a "Default" column in the oData widget to sort on for the first display of the page could be beneficial. Even if it just defaults to the first column in the table that is returned.

This would have to be a new feature request though.....

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Brett_Moffett I have now: Update CMDB views — Cireson Community. Not sure I did before.