Home Group Assign
Options

Activities still starting after a denied activity?

Alexis_StallmanAlexis_Stallman Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hello, we were doing some testing and noticed that after an approval had been denied, the subsequent activities were still firing. Any ideas on why this would be happening? Thanks!

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓

It seems like we had done something strange with multiple management packs when developing this form and had some differences in our environments. It seems to be working now. Thanks for your advice though!

Answers

• Options
    Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Are these ACs the new Notification Activities?

Do you have the same behaviour when an MA, RA or RB is directly after the approval, that has been rejected?

I could imagine (but I don't know if I am right) that the behaviour in case of the Notification Activities is per design. So you could e.g. send a notification when an RA was declined - We do this with subscriptions, but with one downside:

If you insert a work item field in the OOTB template designer, you need some customization in the code, so you can e.g. insert the title of the parent work item. If you have the RA inside a PA or SA, it takes the title of this activity. Inside the cireson template designer this works much easier - but I guess to implement a behaviour like in a subscription workflow, it is intended to run even when the previous activity failed - but this is just a guess ;-)

• Options
    Answer ✓

It seems like we had done something strange with multiple management packs when developing this form and had some differences in our environments. It seems to be working now. Thanks for your advice though!