Home Self-Service Portal - Community
Options

How to hide displayed text in CSS

I'm trying to hide some text from the home page in order to make the alternate page a single page view with limited scrolling necessary and wondering how to accomplish this using CSS.

<h3><span data-bind="text: scLabel">All Requests</span></h3>

<h4 id="fb799e52-9578-bcef-4556-6c12c42b84c9" data-bind="text: Category">General</h4>

I'm familiar with using display:none; as I used that for a few other areas following the instructions from a few kbs, but I don't know how to call to those specific elements.

Answers

• Options
    Brad_ZimaBrad_Zima Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Are you looking to remove both the All Requests and the General items?

• Options
    Bryan_LalorBryan_Lalor Customer IT Monkey ✭

The text for both yes. It doesn't really add anything to the page and eats up space. The goal is to minimize scrolling as more requests are added.

• Options

@Bryan_Lalor I did a quick test and the blue line below the General text is actually a CSS border on the div, as long as you are good with losing that, then adding the code below to your custom.ccs should do the trick for the General text.

#fb799e52-9578-bcef-4556-6c12c42b84c9 {display: none;}

The All Requests text is a little trickier as it doesn't have an Id value and putting display:none on all H3 tags will have negative effects elsewhere.

If simplicity is all you are looking for, you might check out the following thread for some inspiration.

• Options

I was hoping to accomplish just hiding it with css, if possible. If it isn't I'll give the way you post a shot.

• Options

@Bryan_Lalor The tricky one is going to be that H3 tag because it has not unique Id which means you'll have to find the right sequence of tags to get to the H3 and hope that sequence isn't being used anywhere else. If you are using JS to hide the element on the page you can look for the HTML tag with the included text which gives you a much more unique value. You might look at the JS in the above project to see how things are being done there to help you out.

• Options

I thought that might be an issue since it was so generic. I'll update once I get some time to dig back into this. Thank you for the additional information.