Home General Discussion
Options

Auto Generating tickets

Lester_PrestonLester_Preston Customer IT Monkey ✭

We have to run audit on a semi annual bases and would like to have tickets that are set to be created based on a schedule. Some audit need to be done monthly others would need to be done every 6 months as an example.

Answers

• Options
    Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Way 1: use a Schedule Runbook in System Center Orchestrator, which then triggers another runbook, that then creates the Incident(s).

Way 2: Create a schedule in windows task scheduler and use an Smlet Script to create the Incident(s)

• Options

Thank you Simon, I am very new to SCSM and Cireson so I will have to research your suggestions. I believe we have an Orchestrator server here so I am going to start there.

• Options
    edited May 2023

@Lester_Preston Nice :)

If you need help with it, I can assist you - as much as my time lets me ;)

But especially SMlets is something I can only recommend trying / learning, as it makes working with SCSM 100 times more comfortable.

To add way 3/4: You can also use Azure Automation, which then runs a script via a hybrid worker to create the incident. Or you use the Cireson Connector for Power Automate - Although I have to add, we are not able to use it, because we do not use Pass Thru Authentication (we use MFA authentiation method) in our Azure Proxy App. I don't know if it's only intended to work with pass thru or we did some misconfiguration.

Way 5 would be the usage of a script and creating the incident via the Cireson Cloud Connector / API, but as currently the cloud connector does not work with put/patch methods, I would not recommend it right now

• Options

Can you point me in the right direction to download SMlets? I am not finding a good source to pull it form.

• Options
    edited June 2023

There are options for that:

1) Go to https://github.com/SMLets/SMLets/releases and download it, which is not the best variant imo.

2) This is he better: Open a Powershell ISE as administrator and type in the following:

install-module smlets -Scope AllUsers

You should get a confirmation prompt, which you can approve with "Yes to all".

One thing I want to mention:

If you want to use Smlets you need either an SCSM Console on that client/server, where you want to use it, or you need to make some modifications to a file. I have to admit, we somehow managed to make it run with the modifications (so without the console) on two servers but I failed hard doing so on my client and other servers, so I just installed the console there.

If you want to use Smlets on an SCO server and this SCO is NOT SCO 2022(first SCO version which is x64) you also have to install it in the x86 ISE, else it won't work.