Home Self-Service Portal - Community
Options

Actions throught Portal API

Hi Guys

Maybe someone here can help me: We are currently implementing a chatbot to our SCSM-Solution which relies on the Portal API. The company that provides that needs to be able to make action log entries to an incident and upload files over it.

So far, I've found out that I probably need to use the this endpoint to add the comment (as we are using for multiple other actions): /api/V3/Projection/Commit . But even though I get a success message, no comment is shown in the incident. Currently im adding this to the original-json:

{

"AppliesToTroubleTicket": {

"Id": "c139072f-239b-41c9-8af9-49a952213683",

"EnteredBy": "PowerShell",

"IsPrivate": "False",

"Title": "Analyst Comment",

"DisplayName": "c139072f-239b-41c9-8af9-49a952213683",

"Description": "From the Powershell for the example!",

"EnteredDate": "\/Date(1704292981948)\/",

"ActionType": "AnalystComment"

}

}

With the upload I'm stuck as well... I've found that blogpost, but it seems that it relies on the fact that the file is already in the cache within inetpub: https://cireson.com/blog/adding-attachment-to-work-items-using-cireson-api/ Does someone know how to get it there throught the API?

Man thanks for the help in advance!

Best Answer

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Updating this thread after direct conversations.

Comments can be added via Cloud Connector APIs but attachments needed a bespoke solution.

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Updating this thread after direct conversations.

Comments can be added via Cloud Connector APIs but attachments needed a bespoke solution.