We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.
For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Cireson ARO Editor - Chances of Setting Relationship for Query Result Prompt
I ask what are the chances of getting the editor capable of doing this for us, is this something Cireson has/ever will consider?
I will now go in-depth regarding what I've managed to understand:
This has a event for when the "Configure" button is clicked
When the configure button is clicked, if the question is mapped to a prompt type of "Query Result", it will generate a window for "Configure Query Results". In this window at Step 4 for Options, it lacks the ability to specify a relationship for the object(s) to be related to, instead the MP must be manually altered and imported back into SCSM, this is troublesome as doing so either forces an increment of the version number or if removing and importing an MP of the same version, all the request offerings linked to service offerings must be remapped to show the published ROs on the Portal which is extremely time consuming.
Options for the program allowing selection of a specified relationship for a query result:
- Microsoft - Could potentially alter the Query Results Options as specified in the last email message below.
- Cireson - Since it is the MS side of code for that window, Cireson might be better off creating a new section or "WizardStep" much like they have already proven by making done for "Direct Link" and "Multiple Mapping"
Now code-wise in a perfect world the following would become a reality, but as I stated already it may be wiser for Cireson to do this on another section they fully control after configuring prompt outputs with a special optional relationship override for query result prompts. The Window I'm talking about can be accessed the following ways:
Create ARO > Configure Prompts > Select Row that is Query Type and click Configure > "4. Options" Tab
Edit ARO > Configure Prompts > Configure > Select Row that is Query Type and click Configure > "4. Options" Tab
It could be done using the target template id that a Request Offering uses. It is the key to get what relationships to display.
- Request Offering references TargetTemplateId
- Templates are stored in the database table == [ServiceManager].[dbo].[ObjectTemplate]
- Template [ObjectTemplateTypeId] is foreign key and links back to [TypeProjectionId] on [ServiceManager].[dbo].[TypeProjection]
- Type Projection [TypeProjectionSeed] is the base object class GUID. (Ex. "Incident (advanced)" uses the Incident Class as the base object class)
- It appears the Type Projection stores the list of relationships in xml format in the [ComponentXML] column which surprised me as I expected some sort of Type Projection Relationship Table.
Remember, Perfect world:
And there you have it.......
Again, I ask what are the chances of getting the editor capable of doing this for us, is this something Cireson has/ever will consider?