Home Analyst Portal
Options

Guarantee Activity Placement

Davin_ClouthierDavin_Clouthier Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
edited October 2017 in Analyst Portal
Is there any way to guarantee activity placement, for some reason it seems sequence ID is not enough even when creating work items, either the system is re-adjusting my sequence ID after my commit for some reason. Im adding multiple activitys at a time with the projection/commit and sometimes it will put a MA sequence id 1 before the RA even though the RA's sequence ID is 0 and it was pushed to pageForm.ViewModel before the MA was. (I am not javascript guru so this could be the reason)

P.s before it is suggested we currently do use templates but managing 300 of them for minor adjustments has turned into a nightmare so we went into a more dynamic route

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Yeah our powershell works greats, I think it might just be my javascript skills sadly our techs are way too impatient to wait for powershell to create the ma/ra's so I had to try javascript a solution. A temporary work around i found is pushing all the ma's first, pushing tha ra's last, then splicing the array till they are in order. WHich seems ridiculous but works which is frustrating haha

Answers

• Options
    Update: it appears to be messing up only when its switching between adding a RA and adding a MA, Its supposed to be RA seq id = 0, ma 1, ma2, ma3, ma4, ma5, ra6, ma7  

• Options
    David_WellsDavid_Wells Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I was playing around with the placement via powershell the other day and it appeared the actual sequence was dependant on a combination of SequenceId and ChildId properties. Is ChildId = 0 for all these?
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Yeah our powershell works greats, I think it might just be my javascript skills sadly our techs are way too impatient to wait for powershell to create the ma/ra's so I had to try javascript a solution. A temporary work around i found is pushing all the ma's first, pushing tha ra's last, then splicing the array till they are in order. WHich seems ridiculous but works which is frustrating haha