Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Copy to New task to copy template and retain parent relationship

Mark_WahlertMark_Wahlert Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi. We've had to remove the task Copy to New, as it creates orphan SRs with no RO and an unapproved template. It allows users to be lazy and bypass our catalog to fast track SRs by skipping approvals. 

All it does is copy text into a draft SR template, with no RO link retained, leading to reporting identifying a growing list of orphan SRs.

Can the task be altered to copy the template and retain the RO? I know there are runbooks to copy CRs and RRs, can you trigger a runbook from a task? 

11 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    can you trigger a runbook from a task? 

You could create a task which sets a trigger, and have a Runbook monitoring that trigger when a work item is updated and run from there. From there you can locate similarly named objects and update them according to what RO/Template relationship they need. 

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    You can trigger a Runbook from a task, but you have to use either a thirdparty app or PowerShell code to do so.
    Here is a great blog, from our very own @pzergeron how to do this: http://www.systemcentercentral.com/how-to-initiate-a-runbook-from-powershell-and-orchestrator-web-service-the-easy-way/

• Options
    Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I agree @Mark_Wahlert -- I typically hide "Copy to New" in most environments for Service Requests, as the template component is so important; however, I do keep this task in place for Incidents.

Would love to see the default behavior of the SR "Copy to New" task be to (1) use the existing template of the source SR, or (2) prompt for template selection.
  • Options
    Carol_LeeCarol_Lee Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi, it's Nov 2018 now, has this "Copy to New" feature been improved?  Hiding this feature should not be the solution.  I agree that "the default behavior of the SR "Copy to New" task be to (1) use the existing template of the source SR, or (2) prompt for template selection."  It should work as what end users think it should be.  Please advise.
  • Options
    Carol_LeeCarol_Lee Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I want to add, if this feature can operate as required, it will save us a lot of time and effort.  Please fix this soon!!!