Homeβ€Ί Service Manager
Options

Exchange Connector 4.1 on SCSM 2022

Kris_SorensonKris_Sorenson Customer IT Monkey ✭

Wondered if anyone has successfully configured the Exchange Connector on SCSM 2022. Running into issues with smtp with 4.1. Error:

Exchange Connector: Unable to process email for , message=Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Identity.Client, Version=4.38.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0a613f4dd989e8ae' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference.

Not sure if we need to move forward with SMLets Connector instead.

Best Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer βœ“

@Brian_Wiest is correct here. But also...that SMLets one is probably worth trying out 😁

• Options
    CaterhamITSupportCaterhamITSupport Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Thats great to hear you got it sorted.

Kind Regards

Daniel

Answers

• Options

I have got this working for SCSM 2016. Do you have Exchange on premise or Office 365 Exchange?

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

This error is that the system cannot locate Exchange Web Services Managed API Client DLL or that file is blocked.

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer βœ“

@Brian_Wiest is correct here. But also...that SMLets one is probably worth trying out 😁

• Options

Thanks all. Further troubleshooting with Exchange 4.1 led to a reinstall of the Exchange Web Service Managed API 2.2. Emails now flow when an IR is created on the portal itself. However, requests submitted via email to the portal email address selfservicetest@domain.com result in that error above.

Exchange Connector: Unable to process email for , message=Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Identity.Client, Version=4.38.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0a613f4dd989e8ae' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference.

Not sure if this is related to the Email Connector Channel or a Notification Template that needs an adjustment. Used LCM from SCSM 2019 to SCSM 2022 for this test.

• Options

@CaterhamITSupport Currently hybrid using on-prem mailbox. Is the Office365 configuration a straightforward process?

• Options

Hi Kris, There is a technical read me for this on how to do it, was a bit of trial and error when I did it. I got it working in the end. With the new security oauth in office 365 you now have to create it as a enterprise application. The read me SystemCenterServiceManager_EC4.1_Deployment_Guide.pdf helped a lot. We have SCSM 2016 and Office 365. Any questions let me know? Daniel

• Options

Thanks @Brian_Wiest. We verified that Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll was copied the to Service Manager Program path. Microsoft Exchange Web Services Managed API 2.2 is also installed. Increased logging on the connector but, we're still seeing the Microsoft.Identity.Client error.

• Options

@CaterhamITSupport The oath in O365 was straightforward. Eventually what resolved the issue was importing the Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll into the GAC on the server. One Redditor noted that Microsoft posted the incorrect dlls in the Exchange Connector 4.1 but, still waiting on a confirm. Second step was enabling TLS 1.2 per Troubleshooting the SCSM Exchange Connector | SysAdmin Blog (bunnybesties.org). Emails work with on-prem Exchange and O365. Server OS Windows 2022 with SQL2019.

• Options
    Answer βœ“

Thats great to hear you got it sorted.

Kind Regards

Daniel