Home Analyst Portal
Options

Analyst Access to Portal

Doug_HenryDoug_Henry Partner IT Monkey ✭
I have a new installation of the Portal and used an Active Directory group.  Assuming the account I am using is in the AD group associated with Asset Managers, are there any other permissions required?  Putting that account in Adv Operators should allow them to see Asset Management in the portal, yes?  The issue is I am seeing nothing except the standard work items.  No Asset objects.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I have a new installation of the Portal and used an Active Directory group.  Assuming the account I am using is in the AD group associated with Asset Managers, are there any other permissions required?  Putting that account in Adv Operators should allow them to see Asset Management in the portal, yes?  The issue is I am seeing nothing except the standard work items.  No Asset objects.
    Hello Doug,

User role changes such as what you are doing will require a cachebuilder service restart. If these changes have not propagated you will want to attempt a website and app pool recycle as well. 
  • Options
    Well I was all set.  The Asset page now shows up but no assets are returned.  User is in the Analyst portal group and ADV Operator.  Very odd.
  • Options
    Also, yes I have restarted those services for the cache builder.

• Options
    What group have you defined as your Asset Managers group? Your users are a part of that group, is that correct? When you made these changes in AD at anytime did you resync your AD connector in Service Manager?
  • Options
    I did, yes, prior to restarting the cachebuilder and app pool. and I have confirmed the group, it isn't that I have the wrong group in there.
  • Options
    At this point I would suggest opening a ticket in our Portal and providing the log files and some screen shots so I can have a deeper look into what is going on for you. 

Merle