Home Analyst Portal
Options

Using the "Search Service Catalog" does not return expected results

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

First post, new owner/user of the Cireson Portal for our Service Manager environment.  We are a 18k user shop and have a lot of decentralized support functions so are estimating that we will have hundreds of Request Offerings.  We are trying to scope them to the users so that they only see what is applicable to them.  With that said, some of our more complex departments are ending up with high numbers of Request Offerings and our users are having a tough time keeping up with what is all out there and usually end up using a 'generic' Request Offering and missing a lot of the 'required' information that we gather in our Request Offerings, so, to get them started off correctly we are training them to use the 'search' functionality of the portal and to use the 'favorite' functionality so that they can quickly/easily get to the forms that they need to submit requests and provide all the information required.

The problem we currently have is even if I type the TITLE of a request offering in word for word, the search results do not include it for some of our Request Offerings, for some, maybe most it does, but not all.  Is there an index that isn't running, or a service that isn't doing it's job?  For now the best answer we have is use the BROWSER find functionality by hitting CTRL + F and searching that way.  This seems pretty clunky for our Cireson Portal that has two SEARCH dialogue boxes and confusing for our less technical savvy users.

Can anyone help me understand this?

Appreciate the forum and any responses.

Comments

• Options
    james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hi James, thanks for the warm welcome.  I'm not the administrator of our system but if I understand your question, our layout is multiple column, description is shown, large? icon.
  • Options
    james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Jason_Meyer sorry that actually does not help, can you tell me what the URL path of your service catalog home page is?  This will allow me to determine what version of the Service Catalog home page you are using.

• Options
    Our portal is only available internally, here's a screen shot.  If I do a search for Service Manager, the results do not list the three "Service Manager ____" request offerings.
  • Options
    @Jason_Meyer can you tell me if the search at:
    https://serviceportal.ne.gov/ServiceCatalog/Listing/#/
    Is preffered?

FYI for reference looks like you have the Alternate homepage setup:
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1105#/

• Options
    Not sure what you mean by "preferred".   Does the page layout affect the results of the search?  I'm just trying to figure out why when we type two words that are in the title of a Request Offering that it isn't included in the results.   Is that normal?   The browser search is working better than the application search.
  • Options
    Yes the new Service Catalog uses a different search routine that improves on the older Service Catalog layouts. 
  • Options
    OK, are you saying that the behavior is consistent with the product as we have it deployed?  If I use the top search bar and search for words that are in the title of a request offering, that request offering is not in the list of results.  What can we do to get better search results?
  • Options
    @Jason_Meyer sorry for the run around here, but I am not able to replicate what you are experiencing. I recommend that you open a support Incident so we can give you more attention to the issue you are having. 
  • Options
    Understood, we will pursue that option.   Appreciate the dialogue.