Home Analyst Portal
Options

Work items sort/group by Customer/Organization

Raffael_JenzerRaffael_Jenzer Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi

We're using the Cireson Portal with different Customers (Organizations). Our Analysts would like to sort/group work items by Customer/Organization.

Does anyone has a solution for this?

Thanks in advance,
Raffael

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Geoff_Ross Hijacking this thread a bit, but could we use the same SQL grid widget to display config item data?
  • Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    @David_Allen
    Yes, I don't see why not. But the ServiceManagment DB has very little data on Config Items so you might need to reach into the ServiceManager DB to get the right data.
  • Options
    The SQL Table Widget only allows you to enter a query to SELECT content from the ServiceManagement database.  Please could you advise how I can use the widget to query the ServiceManager database?
  • Options
    3 Ways:
    1. Await the Cireson Data Analytics App which will allow you to provide a connection string for each SQL widget.
    2. Use a view, which quiries another database, saved in ServiceManagment and call that.
    3. Use the full 'Path' to the table in the SQL query 
    eg
    SELECT * FROM [ServiceManager].[dbo].[MT_Microsoft$SystemCenter$BusinessService]
    Geoff
  • Options
    Thanks Geoff...

1. We can't wait (I'm sure you're surprised to hear that)

2. Like this idea, and asked a question around this just this morning (https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1474/adding-additional-tables-to-servicemanagement-databsase)

3.  The text when using the widget explicitly says "Use a SQL query to SELECT content from the ServiceManagement database.  Maybe that should be reworded if other sources can be queried?

Thanks again!!
  • Options
    1. Great, ETA is of end of the year.
    2. I saw that but will leave for Dev's to answer. I don't know if its supported but Views don't get removed during upgrade so tables most likely won't. Maybe with solution 3 you can just create a new DB anyway.
    3. I don't know how intentional this 'feature' is. Its SQL right, so you can run a Query against one database to bring data from another as long as you specify. The hint maybe should read 'This SQL will run against ServiceManagement'
  • Options
    Testing out option 3 and I can successfully retrieve Service config items from the ServiceManager database and they are displayed nicely in a table.  The issue I have is that the first two columns get the theme shading, and each row is hyperlinked (as attached).  The issue with the hyperlink is that it just takes you to the Search page with no information.

I appreciate that the search won't return anything as it using data it knows nothing about.  So, would it be possible to remove the hyperlinking altogether?  If we can get rid of the shading over the first two columns too, that would be great, but is less of an issue?
  • Options
    Probably with some custom JS targeting that page and grabbing the grid and playing with the Styling/ HTML.
  • Options
    Totally off topic in this thread now.
  • Options
    It really has... posted as a new thread here, https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1486/sql-widget-shading-and-hyperlinks, if you would maybe like to provide some hints on the custom JS targeting? ;)