Home Analyst Portal
Options

SQL Widget shading and hyperlinks

David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Testing out the SQL table widget querying from the ServiceManager database, and I can successfully retrieve Service config items from the ServiceManager database and they are displayed nicely in a table.  The issue I have is that the first two columns get the theme shading, and each row is hyperlinked (as attached).

The issue with the hyperlink is that it just takes you to the Search page with no information.

I appreciate that the search won't return anything as it using data it knows nothing about.  So, would it be possible to remove the hyperlinking altogether?  If we can get rid of the shading over the first two columns too, that would be great, but is less of an issue?

Answers

• Options
    Steve_WrightSteve_Wright Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi David, Currently, there is no option to remove hyperlinking from from a table view. I will bring this up to see if this has been raised as a feature request. For SQL tables returning a workitem row there is a way to have the hyperlink return the workitem view. Using the alias [Id] will form the hyperlink to return the workitem view. Example: 'Select workitemID as [Id],...' I'll see what I can find out about the hyperlinking option. Thanks,
  • Options
    carrie_medinecarrie_medine Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    This is currently by design as the SQL widgets are designed to work with the ServiceManagement database.   Please upvote this feature request and add your expected requirements.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1501/allow-dashboard-sql-widgets-to-query-a-database-other-than-servicemanagement#latest

Thanks,
    Carrie

• Options
    David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks Carrie!  I had already up-voted :smile:   Added a comment too, to provide more detail.