Home Analyst Portal
Options

Change Calendar question

Tom_PagelTom_Pagel Customer IT Monkey ✭
We currently have a change calendar that shows all upcoming changes from all groups. Once the change is successful, the change is removed from the calendar. We would like to keep all items in the calendar so we can go back for a quick history and view all changes?

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Tom,

Someone in the definition for that calendar page it will reference the data source it used to full the Change items in. That will need updating to include Completed and Closed changes as well as In Progress. There's several ways you could have created the Change Calendar, its not an OOB view. Do you know how it was done?

Geoff
  • Options
    No, we had our Cireson consultant build it for us when he was installing the SCSM\Cireson for us. I reached out to him to see if he could recall his process. If I could get the location where this lives, I could get someone to take a look at it
  • Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Tom

If its a portal calendar then it will be in the DB and you just need to tweak the datasource, if its the calendar solution posted here then would just be a matter of changing the WHERE statement to what you want:

1.png 48.6K
  • Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    To add to Joe's comment, if that's it, then just re run that SQL query against ServiceManagement DB with the changes and it will update your existing calendar. You will have to reset the permissions on the calendar view however.
  • Options

thanks guys, I will see if I can get my DBAs to look at this