Home Analyst Portal
Options

Constantly renewing licensing

Christopher_CarverChristopher_Carver Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Our Cireson portal has backslid in the functionality of auto renewing our licensing. One week ago our portal went offline because the licensing needed to be renewed through the portal. Our India team spotted it first and brought the portal back up by just clicking on the renew button on the admin panel. This was done, no problem with the auto-renew check box in place and the portal came up instantly.

Now one week later, I come into the office and our European office calls me saying the Cireson portal is down again. I login and the portal wants to renew the license again! One week later?!

We have Cireson Console App Licensing managament pack 7.7.2012.96. I see there is v7.10.2016.8 for download. But there are no release notes between 7.5.2016.95 and the newest. So I do not know if this symptom or issue was addressed between the release I currently have and what is now available. 

Does anyone else have a detailed rundown on the fixes, so I know if this has been fixed?

Answers

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Christopher_Carver
    First off I want to clear up the difference in version numbers:
    7.7.2012.96 is the version for SCSM 2012 and 7.10.2016.8 is for SCSM 2016.

Licensing of the portal, I believe, is controlled per install of the portal. You should have a single DB and Cache Builder service and multiple installs of the web site attaching to the one DB.

If you have multiple portals each with their own Cache builder and DB then this kind of issue will occur as each of the look to update their own database with licensing information.

Can you confirm your architecture for your installation?