Home Analyst Portal

v6.0 Portal - Blank page/screen After Clicking Save

Brad_McKennaBrad_McKenna Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Looking to touch base to see if any others are experiencing similar behavior.

Intermittently we are experiencing a blank page following a user clicking Save for a ticket in v6.0 of the portal. Additionally we are having intermittent experiences of the 3 ellipses at ticket creation, ticket save, and adding activities.

Are there others experiencing similar behavior? If so, how have you been able to mitigate the experiences? 

Best Answers

Answers

• Dakota_GreenDakota_Green Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hello Brad,

Do you notice anything specific in terms of errors in your Web Console log? I've seen this occur either when the App Pool has hit its threshold, or when there is little to no disk space available either on the workflow server or on the SQL server.
  • Jerry_VeldhuisJerry_Veldhuis Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Brad_McKenna any update on this issue ? My group is about to start testing 6.0 and were hoping we'd hear back on this issue so we know what to look out for. Thanks
  • R_DelawderR_Delawder Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I seen similar blank page issues (IR52962) except the blank page problem occurs on multiple views not just when clicking save. The issue appears to only occur in IE though and it works fine in Chrome. (at least for me) so far I have uploaded the logs and they had me disable customizations and test.  
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you notice anything specific in terms of errors in your Web Console log? I've seen this occur either when the App Pool has hit its threshold, or when there is little to no disk space available either on the workflow server or on the SQL server.
    I'm keen to know if there are any errors in the console log as suggested by @Dakota_Green

@Brad_McKenna please hit F12 with your browser open and open the console window. There may be an error that is shown when you reproduce this error.
    Take a screen shot and share it here.
  • Brad_McKennaBrad_McKenna Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Apologies all for my delay in responding. Also thank you @R_Delawder for providing feedback that support has recognized there is an issue and they are working on a hotfix.

@Dakota_Green, my webconsole.log is set to Warn, however I have yet to see any errors output.

@Brett_Moffett, thank you for the advice on pressing F12 next time this occurs to see if an error is displayed. I usually go into 'end-user mode' of simply pressing F5 to get to the next screen, argh!

• Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing a blank page when accessing the v6.0.1.1 portal when logging in from a phone (iPhone 6S running iOS 10.0.1 and an Android phone (Model SM-G930V running 6.0.1))

We have an active announcement on the site, so I'm not sure if that's causing the issues.

I just have the three "dots" progress bar showing and no content ever gets displayed.  I've tried eliminating custom.css file as well but the problem persists.
    If I remove the announcement, It appears that the progress bar dots are no longer showing, but I still only get a white screen.  I've asked multiple analysts to login from various devices and all are seeing the same issue.
    Quick update, we are not seeing any errors/messages being thrown in the Developer Console when the 3 dots or the blank/white screen is displayed.

One of our users helped us identify a possible cause today, and is partially displayed in the screenshot above.

Within our environment we do not currently use the Service Catalog, however intermittently it appears to be taking users to the Service Catalog URL following updating or creating a work item.

The only 'reminisce' of the Service Catalog that I was able to locate within our environment was that we mistakenly had one of the Home navigation options set to Visible = unchecked, and Public = checked.

Although I do not understand why following a page update or ticket creation the analyst would be re-directed to the Service Catalog page as we have the My Work page set as the AnalystHomePage.

For some reason, my issues of the site not working on mobile devices have gone away.  The site loads fine now (and looks amazingly better!)
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I can repro an issue wherein the first page you are sent to loads, but all subsequent pages do not.
    • End users see the catalog and can submit a request, but are returned to a blank page of "My Requests", further nagivation yields blank pages
    • Analysts see "My Work" but navigating anywhere else (including back to "My Work") yields blank pages.

What's interesting is this is only reproducible in Internet Explorer, Chrome works entirely fine.
    edited September 2016
    A little lost for words following support resolving my open incident....see below:

I believe that when the Portal was being developed, we may not have considered that people would not be using the service catalog, and set the home page (Service Catalog) as a default redirect for when no redirect could be found.

The fact that the page is blank is related to the bug that is being investigate and fixed (hopefully with the next version). There is no ETA on this however.

Due to the fact that this is not behaving appropriately, it's technically not a bug, however we recommend a feature request be created for this on our new community site: http://community.cireson.com

Based on this feedback, it appears my users are 'stuck' with the mis-direct and blank screen due to us not currently leveraging the Service Catalog. And thus, I will need to change this thread to a Feature Request due to the code....

Any ideas from the community on how I can improve the User's experience until Cireson Dev changes the code?

I could try that, at this point it probably could not hurt, I had not changed the default thus far because the page re-direct and the default EndUserHomePage were different. Also, we only currently have Analysts that access the portal, typically reviewing/updating work from either My Work or Team Work, and then they are expecting to be redirected back to My Work/Team Work. My Work is the default for AnalystHomePage.

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've reopened the ticket to help Brad out with his issue. 

If work is always being opened from the My Work view it should always redirect back to My Work. However if it's being opened via another method (link in the email, directly going to the url etc) then it won't have a redirect and will default to the Service Catalog. 

Chris, changing the EndUserHomePage to My Requests worked like a charm. A bit odd, but I suppose it is seeing the user as an EndUser for the referenced ticket and not the Analyst for the ticket.

Tony, please go ahead and resolve my open ticket. This will fulfill our needs as it removes the redirect to the blank Service Catalog screen.