Home Service Manager

Manager doesn't update in SCSM from AD

Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hello,

We are doing some testing and once we remove the Manager of a User from AD it still shows up in SCSM. All SCSM connectors run as as expected and we waited  few days but Manager name still shows up in SCSM. 

This will cause issues if we use In Line Manager Review option and manager gets changed in AD.

Do we truncate some table or how we can force it to update?

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I raised this with Microsoft and was eventually confirmed as a bug and was (allegedly) reconciled with UR7 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3063263)

However I later discovered that items it only affected new AD users that were synced thus negating the entire "resolution" IMHO.

It's with this said to get around this shortcoming, I started syncing the "enabled" property of Active Directory users to perform better filters when designing request offerings (not what you're trying to do, but wanted to share).

So with respect to the "line manager should review" - I've completely abandoned that option in favor of a SCO runbook that pulls the latest AD Manager from AD instead of relying on the SCSM cmdb as it's entirely possible that a manager is updated in the middle of the day. Granted, you could push an HR process that flows through Service Manager and updates AD/CMDB in next to real time...but...well I'm just thinking outloud here. So if you really want to clear that field, I think you're going to have to turn to SMlets or SCO.
  • Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Adam_Dzyacky Thanks. We were trying to use the easiest method. I guess I have to start learning Orchestrator.  :D