Home Asset Management
Options

Related Assets within Software Asset Management.

Kristi_MillerKristi_Miller Customer IT Monkey ✭
I have noticed that hardware assets are still listed as a Related Asset in a Software Asset even though the computer has been re-imaged and no longer has that software installed. Why isn't that machine being removed from being a related asset, which would then give me a more accurate account of our licensing within that Software Asset?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options

I went back and watched the Webinar with Wally series and noticed one thing different. We do not have the Asset Intelligence synchronization enabled. Would this cause the re-imaged machines to not update their list of software within the asset? We are hesitant to re-enable it as we don't know what else it would affect. Do you know?

• Options

Can you give me the detailed instructions on performing each of these steps or point me to a knowledge article?

Run a valid Inventory from within ConfigMgrHave that data brought over to SCSM (Using the ConfigMgr Connector)Then the asset management workflow run to match the serial number of the computer to the asset recordAnd finally, the asset workflow must run again to update the relationships