Home Service Manager Asset Management Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Action log for Support & Maintenance Contracts

It would be good to have an action log for comments for support and maintenance contracts. 

You can add comments or further information relevant to the contract - its logged with date/time and who by.

0 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you look to use this to track use of the contract (when something breaks) or to record things like contract negotiation notes etc?

If it is for when the contract is used to actually log a support issue with the vendor then this is tracked via IR's within SCSM etc.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I've shared similar thoughts @Sharon_Spearson just Configuration Items in general (with/without Cireson enhancements). On the surface, this is something I could get behind given how useful the Action Log/Comments are on IR's and other Work Items but I fear the long term implications of implementing something like this taken to its logical extreme means you could end up with an Action Log of a couple thousand entries and sorting through them becomes its own private nightmare (and no less per CI). Now sure, you could extend your DW to start pulling Action Log/History but I struggle with what that report would look like and truly how beneficial it would be.

Make no mistake, I really want this to be a thing but there would have to be some way to overcome the potential nightmare of managing a huge Action Log on a CI. As @Brett_Moffett pointed out (and I've personally conceded/came to grips with myself) I have to imagine the architectural reason behind this must be tracking those types of changes on the Work Item (IR, SR, CR, etc.) related to the CI.