Home Analyst Portal

Unable to Complete CR

Martyn_FearnMartyn_Fearn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

We have a CR template without any Activities.  It is a Standard Change request that is pre-authorised and requires little information.  It is designed to be quick to fill out and complete hence no Activities.

When the CR initially gets created it moves to a Submitted status.

The problem we have is that when using the portal Task to change the status to Completed, the workflow account automatically changes the status to In Progress.

In addition to this, once the request moves to In Progress the option to Complete the CR is removed from the Change Status task.

I'm guessing that there is some built in workflow that prevents a status changing from Submitted to Completed but if that is the case then the Change Status task with the option of Completed is useless.

I could of course add a Manual Activity and have the analysts complete this as well but it seems like a pointless step and just slows the process down.  Can anyone think of an alternative?

TIA

Best Answer

Answers

• Martyn_FearnMartyn_Fearn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi Joe,

Thanks for looking into this.  At least we've confirmed it isn't something in our environment causing it.  It's a shame but it looks like we'll have to stick with the Manual Activity option.

Cheers

Martyn

• Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

We had the same issue.

We managed to get around this by disabling the "ServiceManager.ChangeManagement.ChangeRequestStatusChangedRule" workflow.

I have attached the MP if anyone wants to do the same thing.

So far we have not noticed any issues with disabling this workflow.

I understand that workflow "may" be used for:

- Changing the status of SLAs on Change Requests (when Change is completed)

- When putting changes "On Hold" (it 'may' put all sub activities On Hold also.).

We don't use SLAs on Changes, and we don't put Changes On Hold, so this does not bother us.

However, if you do use the above functionality, make sure you test the affect of disabling this workflow before you put it in production.

Adrian

• Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Another simple way to get around this is to add a Cireson Powershell Activity that either does almost nothing, or just adds a log entry to say it is running to auto complete the change request, this would then have the activity start and finish allowing the workflow account to see the activity had run and automatically complete the CR
  • Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Yes this would also work :)

Good thought Jeff.