Home Analyst Portal
Options

Editing a service request icon/image.

Chris_BulakChris_Bulak Customer IT Monkey ✭
How do you make the default icon on a request be the name of the request, instead of a image file on the portal?

Answers

• Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you intend for this to be a feature request? I don't understand what the feature you are request should be

If this is a question, you could always create an icon with the name of a request within it and add it to the Request Offering
  • Options
    Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016

I think what Chris means is when you group on the Icon column in a grid view, the group text shows something like, Icon: ChangeRequest.svg.

Edit: Maybe I misread it. It could be that Chris wants to remove icons from the catalogue views.

• Options
    Chris_BulakChris_Bulak Customer IT Monkey ✭

We are building a new environment and due to time constraints would like not to use any icons for the request  offerings.  Would like the portal to show the name of the offering without editing the icon image.  Is there a way that the portal will use the text assigned to the offering instead of the icon? 

• Options
    james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Have you looked at using one of the alternate home page options:
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1105#/
    or
    http://hostname/ServiceCatalog/Listing/#/

then just adding CSS to hide the images

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @james_kleinschnitz here. Using one of the alternate layouts may be helpful, but custom CSS would then allow you to hide the icons all together and display the RO's as a list.
    I've even done one in the past that does a rollup of the SO's so they will roll up or down when selected.