Home Service Manager Asset Management Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Improve IP/Subnet Matching Algorithm

We assign a 16 bit (i.e. /16) aggregate network to our data-centres. We then sub-net into various VLAN’s which can be of varying bit lengths (e.g. /24, /28). At the moment we have to enter 150+ subnets, whereas with the proposed change we would enter in 1 subnet.

Remove the pattern matching of computer IP information against subnet mask as this is not always correct. Either use only the range specified (or use a CIDR algorithm).

11 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Bradley_SavielBradley_Saviel Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Also... included in this request should be the ability to prioritize subnets for matching purposes, or prefer subnets with a longer bit/subnet mask (i.e. smaller subnets).

A real life example:
    A laptop may be connected to both a wireless and wired network. The wireless network spans multiple floors in a building and is a larger subnet (i.e. /20). The wired networks are for each floor and are a smaller subnet (i.e. /24). Currently Asset Management will fail subnet matching, with an error, that there are multiple subnets. This enhancement would prevent that from happening.

• Frank_RosenbäckFrank_Rosenbäck Customer IT Monkey ✭
    And also log wich subnet is matched when multiple subnets are found
  • Frank_RosenbäckFrank_Rosenbäck Customer IT Monkey ✭

and whe could not find a location wor hardware plz add the ip(s) that is being looked for