Home Survey App Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Send notifications based on certain answers/selections

Patrick_ChambersPatrick_Chambers Cireson Consultant Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
It would be nice to notify certain users(Mangers) when survey is submitted if certain criteria has been met, i.e. less than satisfactory.
10 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Patrick_Chambers

That would be cool but I guess quite hard to configure as each survey is different.
    In the mean-time, you could create something bespoke in a PowerShell runbook. Trigger each time a new Survey Result is created of the relevant TemplateId and look at the results. The data is stored in JSON format in a string property but you can use ConvertFrom-Json cmdlet to convert this into a PSObject and go from there.

Geoff
  • Michael_BaldryMichael_Baldry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I'm playing around with a notification for survey results. The PowerShell part of it (parsing out the data and sending a notification) is easy enough, but I'm running into a lot of trouble with what's usually the easy part (creating a workflow in the authoring tool).

I've created a new management pack, exported the Survey App management pack as an XML file, and imported it into the authoring tool (so that the Survey types are available when looking at my new MP). When creating the workflow, it lets me pick the Survey Result class and specify the criteria I want (just triggering it on creation and filtering on TemplateID), but the workflow always fails to create, with a completely generic error.

Has anyone been able to successfully trigger notifications, using only built-in SCSM workflows, off of a Survey Result being created?
  • Michael_BaldryMichael_Baldry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Geoff_Ross , @seth_coussens

Any thoughts on what could be going wrong with this? I'm sorry that I can't provide a specific error message -- it fails with a very generic error (just that the Workflow couldn't be created, with no details). I'm assuming that it may have something to do with the Survey MP being sealed, and maybe not exporting completely correct, but have no way of knowing for sure.