Home Analyst Portal
Options

Show Service Request properties in Manual Activity Grid

Hello,

In a grid containing manual activities, is it possible to add a column pointing to the parent SR attributes ? We'd like to include the parent SR ID in the view of the activities.

Thanks 

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Ilias,

Its possible to show the Parent WorkItem ID by making a view in the Console using the type projection containing this relationship and then promoting to the portal.

However, if the MA is withing a Parallel or Sequential activity, then this is the parent so you will see this ID instead.

There maybe something you can do with a SQL table widget where the query can recuse up to find the top parent, I'm going to have a play and see what I can come up with.

Geoff
  • Options
    Ilias_El_TaghadouiniIlias_El_Taghadouini Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Heoff,

Thanks for the pointers, I'll try the SQL table widget too and keep you updated 
  • Options
    Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Ilias_El_Taghadouini,

Are your users using IE11 by any chance?

For some reason IE11 would cache the query results and the user would have to close the browser or clear the local cache to force it to refresh.

We've had an item added to the Cireson backlog to force the dashboard results to use No Caching for this scenario.

Alternatively, Firefox doesn't have this issue, and in IE11, users can change their "Check for newer versions of the webpage" to "Every time I visit the webpage"; "Automatically" did not work.