Home Analyst Portal
Options

Action Log Comment area not displaying on the Portal V6.0.2 not able to add new comments on IRs/CR's

David_AcevedoDavid_Acevedo Customer IT Monkey ✭
Action Log Comment bar not displaying on the Portal V6.0.2, anybody else having this issue?

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi David,

Have you customised the Incident form at all by copying incident.js into custom space and modifying it?

As a test, can you take a copy of incident.js from the custom space and then paste the original back over the top from CiresonPortal/Scripts/forms/templates

Geoff
  • Options
    Just tried to change the Incident.js from the CustomSpace Examples to the Scripts/forms/templates and now I'm getting this message and the incidents are not loading.  
  • Options
    Hi David,

Have you customised the Incident form at all by copying incident.js into custom space and modifying it?

As a test, can you take a copy of incident.js from the custom space and then paste the original back over the top from CiresonPortal/Scripts/forms/templates

Geoff
    Just tried to change the Incident.js from the CustomSpace Examples to the Scripts/forms/templates and now I'm getting this message and the incidents are not loading.
  • Options
    Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi David,

What browser are you using? We've got 6.0.2 in Dev and QA and I don't recall seeing this issue. I can confirm when I get to work. Our browsers are IE11 and Firefox 43.
  • Options
    David, 

It looks like some of that file is missing. Did you copy the whole contents? Can you uploaded that file you are now using and i'll take a look.

Geoff
  • Options
    Hi David,

What browser are you using? We've got 6.0.2 in Dev and QA and I don't recall seeing this issue. I can confirm when I get to work. Our browsers are IE11 and Firefox 43.

My Browsers are  IE 11, Chrome, Edge and none of them are showing the Action Log
  • Options
    Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I just had another thought. Did you check "Install Database" when you upgraded? I'm just speculating here, but the Action Log control may rely on a stored procedure or something that is missing.
  • Options
    David, 

It looks like some of that file is missing. Did you copy the whole contents? Can you uploaded that file you are now using and i'll take a look.

Geoff

Here's the js file for incidents
  • Options
    David,

That definitely not the OOB original file. It looks like its just a couple custom tabs but that would need to be added into the original.
    The full one should be in CiresonPortal/Scripts/forms/templates but its also here in case yours has been overwritten by mistake.
    If this works, I suggest you start again with form customisations starting from this one.

Geoff
  • Options
    David,

That definitely not the OOB original file. It looks like its just a couple custom tabs but that would need to be added into the original.
    The full one should be in CiresonPortal/Scripts/forms/templates but its also here in case yours has been overwritten by mistake.
    If this works, I suggest you start again with form customisations starting from this one.

Geoff
    That's pretty much what I have on that folder, is there any other way I can get that file on my server ?
  • Options
    David,
    I'm confused. I've uploaded the correct original file with my last post. Its very different to the file you attached to your previous post. Can you put that file I uploaded into custom space, making sure you have a copy of your incident.js first as it will overwrite.
    Geoff
  • Options
    David,
    I'm confused. I've uploaded the correct original file with my last post. Its very different to the file you attached to your previous post. Can you put that file I uploaded into custom space, making sure you have a copy of your incident.js first as it will overwrite.
    Geoff

My bad I just replaced and yours worked fine now I'm not getting the JSON Default error message. Now the Action Log still not displaying and the interesting part is that this is happening in my Production and DEV environment.

• Options
    David,
    Very odd. Do you have anything in the custom.css or custom.js that could be doing this? You are welcome to upload them and I'll have a look?
    Geoff
  • Options
    Attached the file custom css now, I have removed the customcss from the DEV portal and the Action log still not a go.
  • Options
    Ok I think I fixed, I reinstalled the prerequisites and it worked on my DEV environment
  • Options
    The re-installation of the prerequisites fixed for me in DEV and Prod. Thank you guys for your help. :)