Home Analyst Portal
Options

Sorting configuration item in list box of service request

PIERRE-LOUIS_DURRISPIERRE-LOUIS_DURRIS Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
I know that's a very particular need and a nice to have feature but...

We have a service request regarding SAP transport order to deploy from development to test to production. We are using SR because available for business key-user. 

We are creating all our SAP transport request as configuration item on a custom class automatically from Orchestrator as soon as they are created. That's working well.

In the Service request screen, people are able to select several transport order in a list in order to ask for deployment.

The issue we have today is that people can select but cannot sort them in the list and the sorting is very important when you have more than one transport order. As a temporary solution, we have added a text field where they can fill the sorting. In this field, they need to fill back all the request with the sorting.

Do you have better solution to make it in only one action ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Pierre-Louis

Just to confirm is it that you want the query result prompt sorted on the Request Offering Form when end users create from the service catalog? (In which case see https://community.cireson.com/discussion/395)

Or is it on the Service Request form itself?

Regards
    Joe
  • Options
    Hi Joe, the need is not just an ordered list but the ability for the user to pick the CI in the list and make it own sort that will be visible in the SR form.
    For example, user will pick 3 CI and will be able to sort then manually as CI2 CI1 CI3 -> this would be visible in the SR form and this means for us that you must deploy fist CI2 only after CI1 and finish with CI3.
    Today, user can pick their CI in the list but need to manually write the ordering in a text field. I would be interested by a more simple and automate solution.
  • Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Pierre-Louis

I have racked my brain, but I cannot think of a better way to do it, that what you are doing now. The RO process will just create a SR with the select items all related but there is no way to rank them in order.

#Stumped

I'll keep thinking for you but this may require a totally custom solution.

Geoff
  • Options
    @Geoff_Ross Thanks. As it is a very particular need, I could not find a solution too. 
  • Options
    @Geoff_Ross That's a good idea.. The process is a little bit complicated so I have to check pro and cons.
    We could start with a manual activity : Add your transport order
    We will need to add all his TO before manually checking OK on the activity.

Where could we save the ordering ? We could sort the CI in the SR ? or I would be able to save this in a custom string field visible only for the type of SR Transport Order ?