Home Analyst Portal

Why it is good to keep your Portal version updated?

Steve_WrightSteve_Wright Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in Analyst Portal
Hello Cireson Community!

The above question brings up all the obvious responses:

• Latest features and fixes
  • Stay current with product development
  • Easier support/troubleshooting
  • Greater compatibility with other updated products
  • Just makes sense...
We strive to bring the most productive tools to our products. Staying current with your version is the best way sty productive!
This September, our version 3.x Portal will reach end of life for support. if you are on this version, now is the perfect time to plan for your migration or upgrade. As with any system change, plan well, test and then execute.

The Cireson team can help with any questions/concerns you have.

You can check you portal versions from this link (support portal access required)

Thanks,

Comments

• Eugene_RackEugene_Rack Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Good afternoon

We are looking at upgrading our Cireson portal version from (Current Portal Version: 8.3.1.2016 / Management Pack Version: 7.7.2016.185) to version v9.4.14. As we have not done an upgrade since installing SCSM 2016 and current Cireson portal version I have some questions.

1. Can we do an upgrade directly from 8.3.12016 to v9.4.14 without doing intermediate updates
    2. Are their any pre-reqs regarding SCSM versions / patches?

Kind regards

Eugene Rack

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eugene_Rack - you can directly upgrade the portal from 8.3.1, but I would recommend going to version 10 (10.1 is in Baseline and 10.2 is in Latest).

There's no SCSM updates that are prerequisites but if you use Asset Management you will want to upgrade it as well.

• Eugene_RackEugene_Rack Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

@Justin_Workman - Thanx for the update. I will look at doing the 10.1 version. Is there a backup and backout plan I can use. If for any reason we have issues with the upgrade from 8.3 to 10.1 are we able to revert back to 8.3.

Also is there a document with steps to upgrade especially relating to custom.js files that we need to keep / not overwrite?

Kind regards

Eugene

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eugene_Rack

Just the standard VM snapshots, DB backups etc.

CustomSpace in the installer is copied to a temp location while the install is running and then copied back after. I would also recommend backing up this folder prior to the upgrade :-)