Home Analyst Portal
Options

Portal v7 Licence Issue

David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in Analyst Portal
I have now upgraded two environment to portal v7, and in both cases I have had either licence keys wiped or reporting they are not valid.  In both cases though, there has been no red text in the header advising of licensing issues.

As you can see in the attached image, all licenses have issues, but no report of any issues in the title bar like previous versions.

While in this example, it was easy to spot a license issue, as all licenses had issues, in the other environment I upgraded, only the ARO key got wiped which meant no RO's displayed on the home page.  As there was no licensing error in the title bar, a lot of time was spent investigating what was going on, when all that was required was for the ARO key to be re-entered.

Is this a bug, or now by design?

Best Answer

• Options
    carrie_medinecarrie_medine Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello David,
    Since the launch of the FREE SSP the licensing error was no longer valid, for instance a client uses FREE SSP – and is not licensed for any other product – they would have always seen the INVALID LICENSE message.  

I will bring up a feature discussion with product management on how we might display expired licenses in a prominent place similar to the old version.

Thanks,
    Carrie

Answers

• Options
    carrie_medinecarrie_medine Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello David,
    Since the launch of the FREE SSP the licensing error was no longer valid, for instance a client uses FREE SSP – and is not licensed for any other product – they would have always seen the INVALID LICENSE message.  

I will bring up a feature discussion with product management on how we might display expired licenses in a prominent place similar to the old version.

Thanks,
    Carrie

• Options
    David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks Carrie, much appreciated :smile:
This discussion has been closed.