Home Community Uploads

Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.

Portal Risk Calculator

Roland_KindRoland_Kind Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi, I have created a small and quick solution which runs on Portal 6.0.2. Of Course, this is no high-end programming style - but it just fits my needs and can be easily adapted 

The enclosed Zip file contains the custom.js and the html template for the risk calculator.

Comments

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. Good work.
  • Tom_HydeTom_Hyde Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Nice work @Roland_Kind !
    Any chance you could get the CR questions/answers to write into the Risk Assessment Plan under the Planning' tab of a CR?
  • Roland_KindRoland_Kind Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi Tom,
    thanks a lot for your feedback & it was already implemented to do that, but unfortunately there was a typo in the custom.js file :-(  I have enclosed a new version of the custom.js file - now it should "save" the content of the RiskAssessmentPlan :-)

• Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

This is a totally Stupid question, but how do I implement this.

The files have been imported but I cant find them to use them. Do I need to publish it somewhere?

• Roland_KindRoland_Kind Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Peter,

if the custom.js file is loaded correctly - the menue should appear only in change request or releases.

I have tested this only in Portal 6.0.x - which version do you have ?

RC.PNG 20.2K

@Roland_Kind We are currently using Current Portal Version: 5.0.8.1 .

It would appear that an overnight process has run and this is now appearing in the Change templates.

Also it appear to be working fine.

Excellent piece of work, thank you.

Would be interested in adding the Site to our CR's as shown in your example.

• Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Roland_Kind - Thanks for uploading this, i have tested it on portal Version 7.2 and all worked ok.

We had a requirement to have a different weight to each answer though, so i have made a modification to allow different weightings for each question.

Changes we have made are available in the attached zip file
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOVE THIS!!
    Thanks @Jeff_Lang

• Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Very nice
  • Greg_LawsGreg_Laws Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Just implemented with a few minor customizations for our needs.  Works great!

Thanks @Roland_Kind and @Jeff_Lang
  • Brad_HayesBrad_Hayes Member IT Monkey ✭

We've extended this a little more, we basically duplicated the functionality and extended it to include an Impact calculator as well.

It now runs the Risk calculator with each answer having specific weight and then runs an Impact calculator with each answer having specific weight; it then multiplies the results and comes up with a category.

Note: the release functionality has been removed in this iteration as we had no need for it and it was complicating the script.

Realised that I uploaded the test version, attached below is the Proof of Concept version
  • Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This is great. Is there a possibility to match answers from form prompts into risk calculator?
    I don't currently have the Risk calculator installed in my environment but It should be possible, however as the internal Risk calculator is a simple true false with no weighting to the answers wouldn't mean much and there's a risk of the answers/results wouldn't match and cause some confusion.

I came across a few issues with the previous script

• it didn't handle an empty/unsaved Title field in the CR
    • also it was copying the Impact Q&A's in twice and missing the Risk Q&A's
    • Added some custom.css formatting to size the RiskAssessmentPlan field to display all of the text

@Brad_Hayes Hi just a couple of question that may make me sound stupid, but I'm going to ask anyway.

1. I have to press ctrl+F5 in order for this to appear (how can I overcome this?)

2. When active it asks the Impact ,then Risk, then Impact again, but transfers correctly to the input box. (is there anyway to stop the duplicate questioning?)

So I found some issues with the script above once I took it out of my enviroment, these should be fixed now.
    Further updates
    • The CR Task option/display is fixed
    • Formatting has been updated
    • The order of the functions should be sorted so the questions only display once
    • Risk and Impact are now displaying the label and not the GUID
    • The Title field is prepended with the category
    • Additional questions regarding "Emergency" and "Standard" changes and advises if the incorrect template is being used.
  • Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Is there any way to wrap the question text? It seems to go missing behind the checkboxes
  • Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Anyone? It's driving me mad trying to sort this. Doesn't matter what I try the text refuses to wrap onto multiple lines