Home Asset Management
Options

Reporting on software installed on PCs

Ryan_KennedyRyan_Kennedy Customer IT Monkey ✭
I am trying to report on all the PCs that certain software is installed on.
Through the Cireson Software Asset - Related Assets - Related Computers there is limited information about the Computer.
I decided to use powershell to get more information.

The issue I have though is that there are unique assets in the list from the Cireson Software Asset - Related Assets - Related Computers list and unique assets in the list I get from powershell

The code I've used is as follows :

$SWAssetClass = Get-SCSMClass Cireson.AssetManagement.SoftwareAsset$
$SoftwareAsset = "Google Chrome"
$SWAsset = Get-SCSMObject -Class $SWAssetClass -Filter "DisplayName -eq $SoftwareAsset"
$PCs = (Get-SCSMRelationshipObject -bySource $SWAsset | ?{$_.relationshipid -eq '42d94b36-4ea1-a110-6cf8-b0dae1cc2295'}).targetobject.displayname

Is there a different relationship that I should be using?
I am unsure where these extra PCs are coming from . . .

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Ryan_Kennedy
    I would not go the path of using PS to do reporting.

The trick with any reporting is finding or building the correct Type Projection so you can return the related data from your search.

this is a big topic and probably not one for this post, but I will try to put together a Blog Post and an Adelaide System Center User Community session on reporting in the near future.

If you want to post here the type of data you are trying to retrieve, then there may be a member of the community that has written something similar and is willing to share their solution.

I hope this answers your question