Home Cireson Uploads

IT Monkey will place code here as examples of what Cireson's consulting team has to offer as well as examples for public consumption to benefit the Microsoft System Center community as a whole.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here come as is and without any warranty or support. We will attempt to improve the projects as time goes on based on customer and community demand. Comments and improvements are welcome as well as customization requests. Your use of these Cireson Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson's support team has no information on these projects outside of what you have available and will not provide support for these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

Dont forget to checkout solutions uploaded by our customers, partners and community members here.

Add Support Group Field to Portal MA Activity Form

seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Cireson Uploads
This custom extension will allow for the addition of a custom Support Group field to the Manual Activity task form in the Portal. Please read the instructions and make the appropriate changes to the code in order for it to function properly. You'll also need to make sure that you import the included Management Packs if you do not currently have Support Group properties on your MA class.

https://github.com/Cireson/Community_AddSupportGroupFieldToMA.git

Comments

• Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Nice Work. Worked a charm :)
  • seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Nice Work. Worked a charm :)
    Glad, you found it useful Adrian!
  • Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Will this allow MA Notifications from the Notify Analyst to deliver to the Support Group members?
    Will this allow MA Notifications from the Notify Analyst to deliver to the Support Group members?

Yes, it does Brian. You'd just have to configure notify analyst to utilize the extended field. Notify analyst is already setup to support this on MA and CR with configuration via the settings once you extend the class.

Seth, worked perfectly.  Thank you!!

So it's easy to find the new field on the MA, but where should it show on the CR?  I was able to add the group on the template's Extensions tab (in the console), but from glancing at the code, there doesn't seem to be anything addressing Change Requests.

You can follow the standard guide for customizing a work item form in the portal to add the support group enum field to the CR. The code above is only required for adding the field to the MA since there is no ManualActivity.js form template available.

Here are some KBs around this:
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1212
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/51
    You can follow the standard guide for customizing a work item form in the portal to add the support group enum field to the CR. The code above is only required for adding the field to the MA since there is no ManualActivity.js form template available.

Here are some KBs around this:
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1212
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/51

Beauty!  This has been a good morning of discovery!
  • Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Just a quick note on sending Notifications to the Manual Activity Support Group.
    This doesnt currently work when the activity status changes to "In Progress" It only works when the Manual Activity Support Group Changes, or is Created.
    There is a "Feature Request" to add the functionality to notify when status changes to "In Progress" which I am greatly looking forward to :)

Cheers,
    Adrian
  • Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Will this make Activity items to show under Team Work queue. Right now  we force AD groups under Activity Implementer field for this reason they don't show up under Team Work.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Will this make Activity items to show under Team Work queue. Right now  we force AD groups under Activity Implementer field for this reason they don't show up under Team Work.
    It will if you map your custom tier mappings in Administration -> Settings -> Portal Support Group Mappings

pic.png 37.3K
    Another Q: Will this make easy to pick an Activity Implementer? What I mean is if an activity is assign to a group you should be able to pull the list of analyst/users from that group and assign the activity, similar to how group routing works. Right now the activity implementer field is an AD lookup field
    Another Q: Will this make easy to pick an Activity Implementer? What I mean is if an activity is assign to a group you should be able to pull the list of analyst/users from that group and assign the activity, similar to how group routing works. Right now the activity implementer field is an AD lookup field
    There is no 'group assign task' for the activity so the internal process will be similar, typically a support group member would see its unassigned in 'team work' and assign it to themselves and action it. 
    I know there is no "Assign to Analyst" task for activities, it would be nice to have one. Helpdesk would be able to assign activities much faster this way. 
  • Magnus_Lundgren1Magnus_Lundgren1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    -
  • Martyn_FearnMartyn_Fearn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    It will if you map your custom tier mappings in Administration -> Settings -> Portal Support Group Mappings

Joe,

I've followed Seth's instructions to have the Support Group field displayed on the MA form and that works a treat, thanks for that :-)

However, I have my Portal Support Group Mappings set for MAs and they still don't show up in Team Work queues.  I have a support call open at the moment for this issue but no joy yet.  It may be an issue with our environment so it may well work for others but not us unfortunately :-(

Joe,

I've followed Seth's instructions to have the Support Group field displayed on the MA form and that works a treat, thanks for that :-)

However, I have my Portal Support Group Mappings set for MAs and they still don't show up in Team Work queues.  I have a support call open at the moment for this issue but no joy yet.  It may be an issue with our environment so it may well work for others but not us unfortunately :-(

It should show after the cachebuilder has run a full cycle, maybe try force a cachebuilder and website restart. I can checkout the ticket when im next online if you would like to help troubleshoot.

Hi Joe,

Yes I do and I have selected it.  We actually use the same enum guid for MAs and CRs and it works for CRs.

Thanks

Martyn

Hi Joe,

I did try that a little while ago but still no joy.  Some help troubleshooting would be much appreciated, thanks.

Martyn

• Chris_JordanChris_Jordan Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I know there is no "Assign to Analyst" task for activities, it would be nice to have one. Helpdesk would be able to assign activities much faster this way. 
    Hi Adrian,

Did you ever get around to raising a feature request on this one? I think there would be many scenarios where an   analyst would want to assign a MA to a different person in a different support group.
    Just a quick note on sending Notifications to the Manual Activity Support Group.
    This doesnt currently work when the activity status changes to "In Progress" It only works when the Manual Activity Support Group Changes, or is Created.
    There is a "Feature Request" to add the functionality to notify when status changes to "In Progress" which I am greatly looking forward to :)

Cheers,
    Adrian

Any ETA for this?  Our teams are chomping at the bit.

Chris_Jordan  we don't use this extension currently as we have runbooks that send email notifications ,remove some MAs based on the answers in the offering etc.

If you are using this extension go ahead and submit one feature request.                     

Cheers,
    Adrian
    Sorry, wanted to comment here... this is a part of the Cireson Notify Analyst application and does work with a custom Manual Activity Support Group. Are you using this an having issues? You can set the workflows for MA notifications based on support group for both changes to the support group itself and for the MA changing to 'in-progress' as this is obviously, the most important notification.

If you are having trouble getting that to work you should contact support as I am sure they can help you out with that.

Cheers,
    Adrian

Brian, please see the above comment. This functionality already exists in the full version of the Notify Analyst application.

Cheers,
    Adrian

Brian, please see the above comment. This functionality already exists in the full version of the Notify Analyst application.

We've noticed the behavior that Adrian noted.  That emails get sent when the MA is created or when the group changes, but not when the status of the MA changes.  Sounds like this is a common understanding by those using this functionality.

Cheers,
    Adrian

We've noticed the behavior that Adrian noted.  That emails get sent when the MA is created or when the group changes, but not when the status of the MA changes.  Sounds like this is a common understanding by those using this functionality.
    This is not the functionality we see in most customers environments, assuming you have the workflow box checked in the settings of notify analyst, nor is it the designed functionality. Notifications should be sent to the support group when the status changes to 'In-Progress', if you are not seeing this behavior then you should submit a bug report to support.cireson.com so we can resolve this.
  • Ozge_OzkayaOzge_Ozkaya Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hi,

Is there a way to hide certain fields for Analysts in Manual Activity Form?
    edited September 2016
  • Ozge_OzkayaOzge_Ozkaya Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Thx @Adrian_Mataisz.

How about adding extended properties in to the views as columns? Is this possible? Can we edit the columns in the Views with new properties? For instance, as shown below, AssignedUser relationship is missing in Analyst View. Is there a way to add this?

• Brad_McKennaBrad_McKenna Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

With Notify Analyst app only providing workflows for On Creation and On Update, how are other handling only sending the notification when the activities become In Progress?

The issue in our environment is that we have a SR template that contains a number of manual activities, however the first activity we have is a runbook to update manual activities. The issue we are seeing is that on creation the Support Groups are being notified of the manual activities, missing the information that is appended from the runbook/runbook activity and that the group is notified when the activities are in a Pending state.

We have contemplated adding a pause to the workflows, however this still does not satisfy our need as we do not want support groups notified until their activity is In Progress.

Any guidance or thoughts is appreciated.