Home Analyst Portal
Options

Portal KBs vs Console KBs

Erin_MurphyErin_Murphy Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi All,

Is there a way to make the link in the console for 'Search for Knowledge Article" link to open the portal Knowledge Base?

Best Answer

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I don't believe you'll be able to reverse engineer this stock Microsoft functionality to point to Cireson's ServiceManagement db.

BUT!

You could create a new blank MP, create a Task (library -> tasks) and have it open the URL to your Cireson portal's KB.

Then for the sake of consistency, you'd probably want to hide the stock OOB task to avoid confusion.

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I don't believe you'll be able to reverse engineer this stock Microsoft functionality to point to Cireson's ServiceManagement db.

BUT!

You could create a new blank MP, create a Task (library -> tasks) and have it open the URL to your Cireson portal's KB.

Then for the sake of consistency, you'd probably want to hide the stock OOB task to avoid confusion.
  • Options
    Erin_MurphyErin_Murphy Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Ahh, fantastic, didnt even think of that. Do you know if there is a way, once this is done, that i can hide the "search for Knowledge Articles" task that leads you to the console KBs? We want to have one centralised location and the portal is so much better. :)
  • Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Erin,

You can edit the user roles and un-check that task in the list of tasks visible to users in that role.

Geoff