Home Community Uploads

Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.

Xmas came early this year for SCSM 2012 R2 - Reviewer Portal

Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in Community Uploads

Comments

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Connor! will check this out.

Got any screen shots you can show off in this thread so people can see it in action?
  • Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I don't plan to show screenshots mainly because even the most basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and the Internet will allow the admin to customize the style of the pages to suit their business.

If someone requires more advanced customization then they have the source code which will allow them to make any change they are capable of coding.

I provided a working customizable Reviewer Portal, it is for each SCSM admin to decide if it is of value to them.

Howdy Ho and Happy Holidays everybody!
    edited June 2017
    Eurk!!!!!  When SCSM has workflow issues and doesn't populate a Review Activity ApprovalThreshold then the Reviewer Portal would be unable to display the Review Activity to someone!

<div>SCSMHelper.cs - Line 2053 - Needed to see if the field was null as int being null would throw error and Review Activity would not be displayed.<br>Updated code to be: liveReviewData.RA_ApprovalThreshold = raInfoRow.Field<int?>(5).HasValue ? raInfoRow.Field<int?>(5).Value.ToString() : "<NULL>";</div>

<div>SCSMHelper.cs - Line 2585 - Needed to see if the field was null as int being null would throw error and Archived Review Activity would not be displayed.<br>Updated code to be: archiveReviewData.RA_ApprovalThreshold = raInfoRow.Field<int?>(5).HasValue ? raInfoRow.Field<int?>(5).Value.ToString() : "<NULL>";</div>

I have since updated the download, I hope no one else encountered this extremely obscure and difficult to troubleshoot issue!
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Conner_Wood! I just saw this, because of your recent post, and it looks awesome! How does your app handle permissions in relations to the SCSM scope? Can anyone approve a request, or does it obey the scope? Can end users access and vote on RAs without being granted extra access?

I hope to have time to try this out in the near future!
    edited July 2017
    Thanks @Konstantin_Slavin-Bo!

The Reviewer Portal will allow any user to view a Review Activity.
    However only the Reviewer can Approve or Deny their own Review on the Review Activity.
    Also the Approve/Deny buttons are only available when the Review Activity is In-Progress.

One of the big accomplishments is that the Portal will keep track of In-Progress Reviews and Send out an Email once approved/denied.  I also enforce that a review must have a comment entered which will be entered into the main Ticket, unless they checkmark to skip adding a comment though it's pretty hard to accidentally do that!

Unfortunately all submission data is sent on the SCSM connection and the end user must have permissions to update the object, and there is no override for that as it is required for auditing purposes.

If you are wondering about delegating access through a group listing, I did not implement such a feature due to limitations regarding time and other priorities.  However I am perfectly fine with anyone making their own custom version from the source code provided and even sharing with the community.