Home Analyst Portal
Options

Open and close a Service request at the same time

Mike_DismukesMike_Dismukes Customer IT Monkey ✭

I have a question that I would like to post out to the group. The current ask is if there is an ability to open a Service request and close a service request at the same time. Rather than pressing save then going to all work items and then going to that new ticket and closing it out.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Mike_DismukesMike_Dismukes Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thank you Nicholas I was leaning towards the PowerShell route. Due to limited Orchestrator access in the environment but wanted to ask the community in case that was in bad form to do.
  • Options
    Martin_BlomgrenMartin_Blomgren Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Old post but I solved this problem by creating templates with 'Completed' status. Our Tier 1 analysts use those templates in my custom 'quick create' solution for logging calls where they help the end user with simple things over the phone like password resets etc.

Credits goes to @Morten_Meisler for the excellent blog post on how you can create SR templates with different statuses. Only note is that I had to use enum guid instead of $MPElement[Name='ServiceRequest!ServiceRequestStatusEnum.Closed']$

• Options
    Morten_MeislerMorten_Meisler Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the mention @Martin_Blomgren and nice portal you made there :). Just be aware that with this method the Completed Date is not set, which might mess up your SLA if you measure on this. One way to solve this is to set Completed Date / Resolved Date in custom.js when the user clicks Save for a specific template (tap into the button event for this specific template).
  • Options
    Raffael_JenzerRaffael_Jenzer Customer IT Monkey ✭
    @Martin_Blomgren
    Hi Martin, any news regarding this wonderful customization?
    Regards, Raffael
  • Options
    Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Raffael_Jenzer - What Martin is doing is already possible in the default AP, by clicking the New button > Work Item > Service Request > From Template and then select the right template, which you have created using the blog post Martin linked.

If you are asking about the custom (+) in the corner, then I don't know :)
  • Options
    Martin_BlomgrenMartin_Blomgren Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Raffael_Jenzer, we have used the (+) quick create button for a while now and besides the extremely undocumented and somewhat hard to follow code it's working. The analysts answering the helpdesk phone loves it as it's less clicks and shows both IR and SR templates filtered by a prefix and by that hiding all other templates.

I would like to get some comments in place and perhaps clean the code a bit but otherwise I will share it after my vacation.