Home Analyst Portal
Options

Service Catalog Performance issues

Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else have issues with the performance of the service catalog loading on end users sessions?
My catalog right now is only 60 requests and expecting a couple hundred more. 
When the portal opens they are getting a 30MB json file for the catalog and it is time a few minutes to load each page load. 
Just wondering what others are experiencing?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Yes I am using the /ServiceCatalog/Listings#/ 
    Do you have any quick notes on how you enabled the Cache
    I will work with my developer as just turning that on still boosts the performance. 
    Thanks
  • Options
    Martin_BlomgrenMartin_Blomgren Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Cache is enabled as default on all browser but as you se on the comparison I made the xhr request which downloads the service catalog JSON is newer cached. You could easily test it yourself in Chrome by pressing F12 (developer options) and navigate to tab 'Network' and then refresh the window (F5). Do this again but disable cache

From production:

On a short term notice I would make sure that the RO & SO images not are bigger then needed. Please note that there are some manual truncing in the DB to be done afterwards to make sure that the Cireson Cache Builder is syncing your edited pictures.

On the longer term you could wait for my custom service catalog app to be finished as I will share it to the community (approx. in a month or two) or change to one of the other 2 builtin Home views.
  • Options
    Update
    Cireson support provided a new SQL stored procedure. Applied and it took the json file from 38MB to 37k. Portal loads so much faster now. Thanks for all the options/comments @Martin_Blomgren
  • Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Martin_Blomgren, that is quite a nice looking service catalog you have there.
  • Options
    Martin_BlomgrenMartin_Blomgren Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Brian_Wiest
    Sounds great! I guess Cireson will include this in future updates for all customers as well.

@Tom_Hendricks
    Thanks! It's custom built and I will upload it to the community in approx. 2 months once I'm done removing all hardcoded stuff and made it easier to implement for a non developer (i.e translation, checkout form and some unique guids). The goal is to just drop it into CustomSpace and maybe change a few settings in a settings.json.
  • Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    For something that good, I think we can be patient for two months.  In the meantime, I will be checking my office for listening devices, because I feel like you captured the requirements from a couple of us a little too well.  :smile:
  • Options
    Sebastian_HansenSebastian_Hansen Customer IT Monkey ✭
    @Martin_Blomgren you mentioned you use a "undocumented API" for your custom front. I found /ServiceCatalog/GetServiceCatalogWithCatGroup as the most light weight way of getting the offerings for the current user, are there other endpoints?

However I'm not a big fan of using undocumented API's, as the risk of change is quite severe.