Home Analyst Portal
Options

Send email - custom "pending" status for checkbox?

Peter_FarrellPeter_Farrell Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi everyone- we just updated our test system to 7.2 and I'm reading through options on here on what to configure.  In our production portal, using custom.js, we have the "Add message to action log" and "Change status to pending" boxes hidden (action log is checked by default).  I found another post about how to accomplish that same behavior in 7.2 and that's working, however I think having the "Change status to pending" would actually be helpful to have available to analysts, but it currently is tied to a pending status that we are not using in production.  

I see in C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Scripts\forms\tasks\sendEmail\controller.js is where it's actually performing the status change.  Can anyone tell me if it's possible with custom.js to change which status that box is tied to?

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Hey Pete,

It's best to limit your customization to the \CustomSpace folder, as all areas outside of that folder are replaced on upgrade. You might be able to tweak it outside the \CustomSpace folder, but it would be unsupported.

Otherwise, it isn't really possible to change logic within the out-of-box tasks. That being said, you could always create a custom "Change status to pending" task. There are a few examples on the Downloads page that involve changing the status of a Work Item. The attached "Cancel IR" customization is an older example, but does involve changing Incident status and could be used for reference here.

Thanks,
    Nick