Home Analyst Portal
Options

What properties are available for form controls?

Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
I want to make our forms smarter. For example, I want to preset users with a tab for Related Work Items and have multiple controls each filtered by WI type.

I had this on Release, where I had a separate tab for Changes and the rest in another tab. Picking the WI by class is great, but unfortunately all selected WIs appear in all controls, despite the class GUID being different in each one.

I was hoping there would be a different PropertyName value that could help me here, but I fear it will be limited. I'd still like to know what is possible before I raise a Feature Request.

Best Answer

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓
    Hi Leigh,

I think I understand you and if so, you can add Scoped: true to the definition of the multiObjectPicker and then it will only show items under that relationship with the specified class.

Here's an example to show only BusinessServices even thought man other CIs could be related with the HasRelatedWorkItems relationship:

{
    	name: "Affected Business Services",
    	type: "multipleObjectPicker",
    	PropertyName: "HasRelatedWorkItems",
    	ClassId: "b2a806a6-87f6-0bc9-da74-c27e9ab5a5d7",
    	PropertyToDisplay: {DisplayName:"Name",OwnedByOrganization:"Business Process"},
    	Scoped: true
    },  

Geoff

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓
    Hi Leigh,

I think I understand you and if so, you can add Scoped: true to the definition of the multiObjectPicker and then it will only show items under that relationship with the specified class.

Here's an example to show only BusinessServices even thought man other CIs could be related with the HasRelatedWorkItems relationship:

{
    	name: "Affected Business Services",
    	type: "multipleObjectPicker",
    	PropertyName: "HasRelatedWorkItems",
    	ClassId: "b2a806a6-87f6-0bc9-da74-c27e9ab5a5d7",
    	PropertyToDisplay: {DisplayName:"Name",OwnedByOrganization:"Business Process"},
    	Scoped: true
    },  

Geoff
  • Options
    Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Geoff! I'll try this out tomorrow.