how are you reporting on IR, SR, CR ?
We have gone live some weeks ago and I have a request to give a weekly reporting for the IT board.
- I am currently looking at report services using the console. I am quite happy with standard reporting for IR but only for this type of work item. Reports for SR is not developed.
- I also look at the cireson dashboard but for me this is more operational dashboard for the service desk manager and it seems too static in terms of data selection.
- Finally, I have read a very good article on how to export data to power bi with powershell from Seth Coussens
One example of reporting:
- to have a simple solution for designing them (today it is development and that's fine for operational report)
- to be able to select a range of date for data analysis (last month / last three month) not only having static selection
- to be able to make drill down to the list of work item
- to be able to change analysis axes directly in the report (same functionality you already have for the list when you move a column to group element)
- to have some reporting with values not chart because the management need figure
In lines (analysis axes) analyst grouped by support group
Number of WI created
Number of WI processed
Number of WI with pass SLA
Number of WI in pending status
I know there are many ways to expand on visibility of data in reporting platforms. This is an evolving space with dashboard designer in pr 5.1 - (see release notes) and more features from PowerBI.
I'm going down the Excel Power Pivot route, although it isn't without challenges. I'd recommend the following articles:
I'd read the articles completely before attempting amending the cube, also beware of Analysis services issues relating to cube processing hanging.
Is anybody using George Wallace's Extended Service Request Reports with SCSM 2019? Any issues or changes needed, or does it just work?