Home General Discussion

how are you reporting on IR, SR, CR ?

PIERRE-LOUIS_DURRISPIERRE-LOUIS_DURRIS Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Just a discussion to see how you are dealing with reporting needs (for IT management)  ?
We have gone live some weeks ago and I have a request to give a weekly reporting for the IT board.

• I am currently looking at report services using the console. I am quite happy with standard reporting for IR but only for this type of work item. Reports for SR is not developed.
  • I also look at the cireson dashboard but for me this is more operational dashboard for the service desk manager and it seems too static in terms of data selection.
  • Finally, I have read a very good article on how to export data to power bi with powershell from Seth Coussens

Comments

• carrie_medinecarrie_medine Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    The Cireson Dashboards are operational however we would love to hear what other pieces of data you would like to see in the dashboards?
  • PIERRE-LOUIS_DURRISPIERRE-LOUIS_DURRIS Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We would need
    • to have a simple solution for designing them (today it is development and that's fine for operational report)
    • to be able to select a range of date for data analysis (last month / last three month) not only having static selection
    • to be able to make drill down to the list of work item
    • to be able to change analysis axes directly in the report (same functionality you already have for the list when you move a column to group element)
    • to have some reporting with values not chart because the management need figure
    One example of reporting:
    In lines (analysis axes) analyst grouped by support group
    In column 
    Number of WI created
    Number of WI processed
    Number of WI with pass SLA
    Number of WI in pending status

• carrie_medinecarrie_medine Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thank you that's great feedback!

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you enjoyed the article on Power BI and SCSM. In the near future I'm looking at doing a related series around using SCSM, Azure Table Storage, and Power BI to create a long ranging pseudo data warehouse with workitem status history daily.
  • Steve_WrightSteve_Wright Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks Pierre,
    I know there are many ways to expand on visibility of data in reporting platforms. This is an evolving space with dashboard designer in pr 5.1 - (see release notes) and more features from PowerBI.

• Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Something to keep in mind when using the dashboards for reporting is that when looking at the number of WI pending completion this number includes anything that is set to pending (I know this is a problem in our organizations as management wants to base metrics on this number and pending is used when by our people for something they cannot control).
  • Katie_DyerKatie_Dyer Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We are exploring the topic of dashboards and reporting for our next UK Community event the end of July in London. @seth_coussens, can you please point me to this article and let us know when more is available? Thanks in advance and great to heard feedback on this! 
  • Andrew_HutchinsonAndrew_Hutchinson Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Pierre

I'm going down the Excel Power Pivot route, although it isn't without challenges. I'd recommend the following articles:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/servicemanager/2012/12/07/how-to-slice-incidents-by-days-months-quarters/

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/thomase/2013/09/11/date-dimensions-for-incidents-service-requests-change-requests-and-activities/

I'd read the articles completely before attempting amending the cube, also beware of Analysis services issues relating to cube processing hanging.

Andrew

• James_AtanceJames_Atance Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    You may already know about this but you can get SR reports within SCSM with the Extended Service Request Reports MP:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/System-Center-Service-8aa67c49

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Is anybody using George Wallace's Extended Service Request Reports with SCSM 2019? Any issues or changes needed, or does it just work?