Home Service Manager

Vendor Tickets - Customization to Document these in Service Manager

Brad_McKennaBrad_McKenna Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hello all!

I am seeking assistance in learning how others document Vendor Tickets, meaning IR123 has an open Microsoft ticket and an open TFS ticket.

What we have been using is two simple work item extensions, Vendor and Vendor Ticket. Vendor has it's own Unsealed MP, allowing us to edit the Vendor list as needed.

This approach has worked well as long as we have a single Vendor Ticket, however this is no longer the case in many instances as we have matured with Service Manager and our processes.

What approach/customizations have you done or seen to accomplish a similar goal. As I do not see an option to switch or redesign how we are handling Vendor Tickets to accommodate multiple options.

Thank you for taking the time to read/provide feedback.

Comments

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    IF...you have Cireson Asset Management I'd say with little to no customization, you can begin relating Incidents to Vendor objects. Related CIs, Impacted CIs, etc. It's interesting you mention TFS as within the last 10 minutes I just updated a thread asking about that.

Wait, I just re-read your post and I think I missed your original point. You have multiple vendors with multiple ticket numbers that you want to link into a single work item... Even without the Cireson Asset Management MPs, why not just roll these up into a Parent Incident or a Problem?
  • Brad_McKennaBrad_McKenna Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We have Cireson Asset Management...but have never implemented it....and see no time in the future that we will tackle that piece unfortunately.

Up voted the TFS Integration, now at 23 ;) Would be great to have the connector/connection at some point.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roll those MPs out!

I feel like you could argue that while not spending the time fully configuring AM, you could at least bite a small piece off and start creating Vendors to relate to Work Items all in the name of "maturing SCSM processes". The entry of vendors would certainly be a manual process (although Asset Excel could help you perform a batch vendor load).