Home Analyst Portal

Configuring Views to Show Custom SCSM Fields

Russell_KlvacekRussell_Klvacek Customer IT Monkey ✭
I have defined custom fields for my Work Item forms (custom category field on Service Requests) and need to be able to sort and view these with custom views and the My Work/Team Work/My Active Work Items views.

Cireson Support reports that this is not currently an available feature, so I am checking with the community to see if anyone has found a custom solution or workaround for this problem.

Answers

• Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Russell,
    If you use the SQL Table dashboard widget, you can define your table through a T-SQL query. You'll want to join the Service Management db's Work Items table to the appropriate Class Extension in the Service Manager db.
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Russell,

Very tricky. @Leigh_Kilday is right about using a SQL Table widget to pull in custom properties but you cannot use a ME token in a SQL query to making My Work and Team Work is not possible.

You may be too far down the line with that workaround now but in my experience, its better to stick with the OOB category field (Area) and hide the OOB non delete-able list items from showing in the portal and then add your own.

You can hide list items from the portal by manually updating the Enumeration table in the ServiceManagment DB to set Enabled to 0 on those enums.

Geoff