Home Analyst Portal
Options

Is there a way to hide user details in the portal?

Ryan_KennedyRyan_Kennedy Customer IT Monkey ✭
When going into a SR and clicking on the little 'i' next to the affected users name, it gives  a lot of information about the user

IsUser
ApprovalRequired
Asset Status
Business Phone
Business Phone2
City
CommonName
Company
Country
Department
Display Name

etc etc + the extended attributes.
We are wanting to remove (not hide with css or javascript) a lot of this information.
Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓

Sorry about the delay .. I was wanting to do this so that I can have an update contact details service request that can also update personal email address / personal mobile numbers (for the Cireson password reset tool).

All updateable fields display the currently stored information to the logged in user.

For privacy I don't want these details displayed.

I have no need for this now though as I have written a script that updates AD with the correct email / mobile number but in the User CI stores it like k******5@hotmail.com / 04XXXXX319

Answers

• Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing this information without CSS or JS means taking it out of AD, which is probably not ideal

The data that is provided is in a table which unfortunately doesn't have any classes to be able to identify and remove the information with CSS

Not able to answer your question there, however maybe someone else has worked out some code in this section.
  • Options
    Martin_BlomgrenMartin_Blomgren Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    You state that you want to completely remove some attributes and not hide with css/js (or remove with js I take it). As far as I can see there is no supported way of doing this and the data is available in the global pageForm variable and easily retrievable from Cireson API which means backend modifications are needed.

Can I ask as to why you want to do this? For us it will become a problem when the 'General Data Protection Regulation' from the European Parliament enters into application in 2018 but even now it's an inconvenience at the least as we store A LOT of information in the AD user object.

The best would be if we could decide if and what attributes should be visible/retrievable for the end user and make both session and pageForm objects non global (bye bye some custom solutions sadly..).
  • Options
    Answer ✓

Sorry about the delay .. I was wanting to do this so that I can have an update contact details service request that can also update personal email address / personal mobile numbers (for the Cireson password reset tool).

All updateable fields display the currently stored information to the logged in user.

For privacy I don't want these details displayed.

I have no need for this now though as I have written a script that updates AD with the correct email / mobile number but in the User CI stores it like k******5@hotmail.com / 04XXXXX319

• Options
    Amanda_FeesAmanda_Fees Customer IT Monkey ✭
    This is also something that we would like to be able to do. The information is currently displaying the Employee ID which is not something we want every user to be able to see.
  • Options

This is the powershell I've used to hide the email address / phone number

$PersonalEmail = "emailaddress@domain.com"

#SET AD WITH THE ACTUAL EMAIL ADDRESS
        Set-QADUser $AffectedUserUserName -objectAttributes @{otherMailbox=@($PersonalEmail)}

$PersonalEmailLength = $PersonalEmail.Length
        $EmailFirstLetter = $PersonalEmail.Substring(0,1)
        $EmailDomainPosition = $PersonalEmail.IndexOf("@)
        $EmailDomain = $PersonalEmail.Substring($EmailDomainPosition)
        $EmailLastLetter = $PersonalEmail.Substring($EmailDomainPosition-1,1)
        $Chopped = $PersonalEmailLength - $EmailDomain.Length -2
        $stars = "*" * $Chopped
        $EncryptedEmail = $EmailFirstLetter + $stars + $EmailLastLetter + $EmailDomain

#SET THE USER CI WITH THE ENCRYPTED EMAIL ADDRESS
        $SCSMUser | Set-SCSMObject -Property PersonalEmail -Value $EncryptedEmail

$PersonalMobile = "0412345678"

#SET AD WITH THE ACTUAL MOBILE NUMBER
        Set-QADUser $AffectedUserUserName -objectAttributes @{otherMobile=@($PersonalMobile)}

$PersonalMobileLength = $PersonalMobile.length
        $MobileLastLetter = $PersonalMobile.Substring($PersonalMobileLength-3 ,3)
        $EncryptedMobile = "04*****" + $MobileLastLetter

#SET THE USER CI WITH THE ENCRYPTED
        $SCSMUser | Set-SCSMObject -Property PersonalPhone -Value $EncryptedMobile

And the custom.js used to populate fields with current information.

Everytime the portal is upgraded / something is changed all the textareadids have to be updated though ..

$(document).ready(function (){
     //Add current users details to fields automagically
     if(window.location.href.indexOf("9a9d85de-c105-60ff-5d95-19805e864114") > -1){
      console.log("I'm on the Update Contact Details page!");

jQuery("#textArea06e8e269-ea3b-4e73-ba9b-a5ebf0d973dc").val("loading...").prop("disabled", true);
      jQuery("#textAreaf79a52b5-2cb0-4ae1-a241-8238231ece81").val("loading...").prop("disabled", true);
      jQuery("#textArea7b360359-f5ed-4817-89e2-7db9a8d308b8").val("loading...").prop("disabled", true);
      jQuery("#textArea3baae675-4542-4b85-889f-d8ed8a310d3f").val("loading...").prop("disabled", true);
      jQuery("#textArea6637b2bd-fc0f-4323-a8ae-8b1c611095ad").val("loading...").prop("disabled", true);

jQuery('label.control-label:contains("Primary Site")').parent().find("input[placeholder^=Filter]").val("loading...").prop("disabled", true);
      jQuery('label.control-label:contains("Manager")').parent().find("input[placeholder^=Filter]").val("loading...").prop("disabled", true);
      jQuery('label.control-label:contains("Organization")').parent().find("input[placeholder^=Filter]").val("loading...").prop("disabled", true);

$.getJSON('/api/V3/User/GetUserRelatedInfoByUserId',
       { "userId": session.user.Id },
      function (data) {
       //console.log(data);
       var jsondata = JSON.parse(data);
       jQuery("#textArea06e8e269-ea3b-4e73-ba9b-a5ebf0d973dc").prop("disabled", false).val("");
       jQuery("#textAreaf79a52b5-2cb0-4ae1-a241-8238231ece81").prop("disabled", false).val("");
       jQuery("#textArea7b360359-f5ed-4817-89e2-7db9a8d308b8").prop("disabled", false).val("");
       jQuery("#textArea3baae675-4542-4b85-889f-d8ed8a310d3f").prop("disabled", false).val("");   
       jQuery("#textArea6637b2bd-fc0f-4323-a8ae-8b1c611095ad").prop("disabled", false).val("");

if(jsondata.Title != null)
        jQuery("#textArea06e8e269-ea3b-4e73-ba9b-a5ebf0d973dc").val(jsondata.Title).trigger("keyup");

if(jsondata.BusinessPhone != null)
        jQuery("#textArea3baae675-4542-4b85-889f-d8ed8a310d3f").val(jsondata.BusinessPhone).trigger("keyup");

if(jsondata.PersonalEmail != null)
        jQuery("#textAreaf79a52b5-2cb0-4ae1-a241-8238231ece81").val(jsondata.PersonalEmail).trigger("keyup");

if(jsondata.Mobile != null)
        jQuery("#textArea6637b2bd-fc0f-4323-a8ae-8b1c611095ad").val(jsondata.Mobile).trigger("keyup");

if(jsondata.PersonalPhone != null)
        jQuery("#textArea7b360359-f5ed-4817-89e2-7db9a8d308b8").val(jsondata.PersonalPhone).trigger("keyup");   

setTimeout(function (){
          jQuery('label.control-label:contains("Primary Site")').parent().find("input[placeholder^=Filter]").prop("disabled", false).val(jsondata.Office).trigger("keyup"); 
          jQuery('label.control-label:contains("Manager")').parent().find("input[placeholder^=Filter]").prop("disabled", false).val(jsondata.UsersManager).trigger("keyup");
          jQuery('label.control-label:contains("Organization")').parent().find("input[placeholder^=Filter]").prop("disabled", false).val(jsondata.Department).trigger("keyup");
       }, 6000);
       setTimeout(function (){
        var trOrgainsationlist = $('div[data-control-valuetargetid="4f8ffe5c-4abd-4249-8bd4-83b6a5e178bd"]').find("table.k-selectable").find("tr");
        if(trOrgainsationlist.length == 1)
        {
         trOrgainsationlist.trigger("click");
        }

var trManagerlist = $('div[data-control-valuetargetid="cc5a7175-e9f5-4b12-9c5b-da530fbc2abc"]').find("table.k-selectable").find("tr");
        if(trManagerlist.length == 1)
        {
         trManagerlist.trigger("click");
        }

var trSitelist = $('div[data-control-valuetargetid="eeb73079-5a93-4a2d-95cc-6ea173384220"]').find("table.k-selectable").find("tr");
        if(trSitelist.length == 1)
        {
         trSitelist.trigger("click");
        }    

}, 6500);

});

};
    });