Home Analyst Portal
Options

Edit KB article by owner

Zbigniew_ZurekZbigniew_Zurek Customer IT Monkey ✭
Is it possibility to add permission for Kb article owner to edit it, if he isn't KB Manager?

Answers

• Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Zbigniew, 

Granular control over Knowledge Base is currently based on anyone in the Knowledge Manager AD group is able to modify, create and delete KB articles. It doesn't go into determining who is the owner and provide control through that. 

However this is an excellent idea and I would suggest you raise it via the Feature Request forum.
  • Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be done, however.  This absolutely should be a feature request, but we are hobbling along with our own code in the meantime.

The code that allows this is an adaptation of the AM Portal Roles code, which effectively splits the "KB Managers" group into those with "admin" rights over the KB, and those who can create articles in draft status (only) and edit only articles for which they are the listed owner.

I do not have time at the moment to scrub it and share, but perhaps this will get you started, if you are interested in solving this before a proper feature can be released.  Otherwise, I may be able to share something in the next few days.